Do you use other image editing applications alongside krita?

I’m kinda curious that people seem to use other applications with krita. To me every process can pretty much be done in krita itself.

If you use other features from other applications with krita when you’re making art, what are those?

1 Like

Blender! :grin: I often paint my textures in Krita, then import them to 3D-models in Blender. Krita is fantastic to paint UV-maps and textures! I also use Blender the other way around, though a lot more rarely, to for instance concept something in Blender, and use that as a base or reference when painting in Krita!

PureRef is also something I often use! One could use a new window for Krita to display references, but PureRef just works so well when having multiple monitors! I highly recommend this program, and it’s free!

I tend to use Affinity Designer for vector drawing, because I think Krita’s vector drawing is a bit rough around the edges. Though I am excited to give Inkscape a good test run when version 1.0 hits :grin:

1 Like

GMIC, but it stopped working for me for some reason so now every post editing I do is with Rawtherapee, and i’m actually really liking it! Just wish it supported Alpha.

1 Like

Krita all the way

I have a similar workflow to @Rakurri , sometimes for the more 3D parts of a painting (like buildings, props, and maybe even overall lighting) I can go with Blender, and then render that out as the base for my painting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Adobe Illustrator for things that need to be vectorized so it doesn’t look like caca when I animate it later in adobe after effects. I feel more comfortable using Adobe Illustrator for that. I also usually sketch in PaintTool SAI simply because I’m used to it, then import it into Krita (I like the brushes in Krita better). Also use Photoshop for some touch ups. I just like to utilize several programs because I like having fully open workspace and don’t like to feel confined in any way. I have been transitioning drawing entirely from PaintTool SAI to Krita because SAI is not as powerful as Krita. so hope to 100 percent draw and paint in Krita eventually when I have more time to paint instead of animating.

I use Artstudio Pro on iPad, but only because we don’t have krita there yet.

1 Like

Sad truth is, it might be that we’ll never see Krita on iPads, because the Store’s rules aren’t compatible with the open source license Krita has :frowning: Hopefully Apple Store will change them at some point…

2 Likes

That is so sad! Even though I don’t use iPad, I think that an iOS version would benefit Krita greatly and grow the community! I imagine that many many people would love to have a program like Krita on their iPads! I am crossing my fingers that android tablets in the future focus more on drawing and the pen! :blush:
I am excited to see Krita on Android!

Blender, other than 3d I’m experimenting with 2d feature for future animations and such :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t some other open source deal with this that they establish another group/company and feed the program from there to istore? I’m pretty sure something along those lines is possible.

It is what it is :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m so happy for krita on desktop, it’s enough for me. :+1:

1 Like