Similar topic to the tagging one. I’m working on it and I’m trying to gather some input.
I have some polls for you. Please do tell me if I haven’t include some possibility!
I was checking on the idea how to glue different dialogs together and my discussion came to a point where someone suggested to just not use the Resource Manager at all since all the functionality is elsewhere.
- No, I don’t use Resource Manager, I prefer to use their respectable dockers (or I don’t import resources at all)
- Yes, I do use it to import brushes and patterns etc.
- Yes, I do use it but only to activate/deactivate bundles or to import bundles. I don’t manage my brushes or other resources this way. I prefer to use their respectable dockers (or I don’t import other resources except from bundles at all).
I was thinking about making the Resource Manager more capable of things. Notably, I wanted to make it possible to:
- see all resources divided by their type
- delete multiple resources at once
- tag and untag multiple resources at once
Note that bundle creation and activating/deactivating will be done elsewhere, not in Resource Manager, or at least, it doesn’t have to be, so in this case please don’t select “I will use Resource Manager” if you still want to only manage bundles.
- No, I still prefer using respectable dockers to import resources/I don’t import resources at all.
- I would use it only if it was the only way to tag multiple resources; if it can be done elsewhere, for example in the Brush Presets docker, I would prefer to use the docker.
- Yes, I will be using Resource Manager if it allowed to see all resources, delete resources, tag multiple resources etc.
What do you think? Note that the results of this poll don’t guarantee we will follow it; it’s just a beginning of a discussion. Especially the tagging one; I need to find a way to tag multiple resources because it seems needed, but if the Resource Manager is removed, I don’t know how should I implement this at all… Brush Presets docker is not exactly suitable for that (even if it would be technically possible to implement this). So when in doubt, create a poll
- To import resources I use Krita’s GUI (resource manager or dockers)
- To import resources I put them in the resource folder
- To import resources I use the resource folder but only because the current GUI is inconvenient to use or buggy or I haven’t found a way to do it in the GUI