Summary: Krita 5.0 can read the Mypaint presets and I’m planning to clean up the list of default presets.
The problem: Right now, it looks like the screenshot above; a default list that comes with the code and doesn’t blend well within the Krita default brush preset list. Also, a lot of brushes feels duplicate.
The plan: I plan to reduce the list to a smaller set of unique presets, name them, sort them, make better thumbnails for them… well, my action plan for thubmnails/name/sorting is fully detailed here. But before doing that, I prefer to collect here feedback in case I missed something about some specific workflow requiring Mypaint specific brushes.
The question: ex-Mypaint or Mypaint users: what Mypaint brushes would you like part of Krita 5.0 default?
- Post your fav presets (1~5 presets?) and not a link to a full generalistic kit.
- Provide −if possible− screenshot of the brush in action, its name and sources ( *.myb + *.png brush files). In short, the most information so I can test them without starting a treasure hunt accross the web…
- License: only Public Domain or CC-By or CC-By-Sa brushes (and indicate attribution in this two last case), this is required to be part of Krita.
- Everything posted here will not be included, I’ll do my own selection on the top. I’ll also redo thumbnails, adapt default size, pressure curves if required.
- It’s not a thread about your opinion about another software, brush engine, or a brush request thread… Please open another thread to chat about that. I would like to keep this topic clean and useful.
- Thank you