Extra Animation features please! (Tweening)

I’m not sure if this is implemented yet, however, I only see opacity curves/animations/tweens (I dunno), so I would like something similar to either adobe animate’s motion/shape/classic tweening or, similar to Opentoonz and the opacity keyframing in Krita, 2 keyframe/curve things that have different values, which the software automatically tweens the animation for you, sorry if you had to read this and it’s impossible.

3 Likes

Ah wait, I read on another post that developers are already working on it, oops!

2 Likes

Do mind that those programs make tweening because they use vector more extensively. Krita is more reliant on pixel do not get your hopes to up. Few are the 2d programs that make interpolations correctly.

For what I got on search it is only animation of objects like html not it’s components like a flash tween (and even that sucked). It’s main purpose is to emulate parallax for what I read.

1 Like

So something like Opentoonz (their raster layers have tweening) then? Because the thing I would use tweening to just move the image slowly so I don’t have to move it frame by frame

for what I can see Open toonz tweener is really good and I mean REALLY GOOD.

but there seems to be a hidden path in the raster with the added rule to draw in the same order of strokes and a path direction with a very neat display of it but I don’t know how it works really, but there are clear indications of it. with that you really can make tween work properly I almost wonder why no one made something like this before even. it looks like everything the computer needs to make proper calculations. Even with the extra work for the user it seems perfect to save time. With stuff like this even i would dabble in 2D animation without dying of pure life ending boredom.

I think I should consider swapping to OpenToonz considering this. That or to Blenders Greese Pencil. Thanks for bring me this to my attention.

@EyeOdin Well, the idea of the software’s limitations for being capable with pixel based animations rather than vector based animations is kinda controversial. I mean… they may think of developing a separate project format for vector animation and then proceed with the classic/shape tweening features, even if they can impose it to the pixel based animations too. Besides, the tweening feature is one of the most crucial features, in my personal opinion, that should have been added to the animation section, because it can make the animation be fancier by animating a set of parameters like motion, scale, rotation, skew, distort… etc, while easing the tweening handles in the curve editor, just like in adobe animate (flash). Not only that, but it also needs another version of the bone tool (in animate cc) to connect different shapes together for animating, like for human limbs or something.

@Abdelrahman_Sergany I think the easiest way is to set graphed parameters for a frame rather than individual pixels and run them through a process to generate a sequence of frames (not shown as duplicate frames, but as hold frames) and change the sequence every time the user confirms a change or use the way they generate images for the transform tool instead. Also I would imagine being able to edit the tween in the canvas like how you can edit the already existent opacity tween in the layers docker. However, a bone tool would require the program to understand what pixels to move meaning you’ll have to set what pixels the bones should move (like in Synfig I think???) and implementing the bone tool would just be much harder overall.

Here’s to bigly hoping for tweening. On the subject of difficulty for non-vector based images, tweening layers as a whole would make this a bit simpler, no? That’s all I want at least :smile:

Thanks to the Krita devs!

This is already in the works, please check out https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/493

1 Like

Maybe, and maybe they will master Krita later to make it capable of dealing with raster based projects and vector based projects separately, or even add a vector brush to the brushes collection. Somewhere around there opacity tweening feature, they mentioned that they will be working on more tweening properties, in addition to that they mentioned there efforts to master the animation branch in Krita later on, which will be introducing “Krita 5”