Free Backgrounds

Last year I had made some vector backgrounds. I took two of them and wanted to see how they would look applying Gimp’s Polar Coordinates effect (in Filters > Distorts > Polar Coordinates). The result came out interesting… but I needed to make adjustments and touch-ups. This is a (reduced) preview. The natural size of each image is 3600 x 3600 pixels.

**You can download backgrounds, free of charge, here**. Each of the two backgrounds comes in two sizes, so there will be four files (in png format, with a transparent background) in the folder. I made it in different sizes to minimize the possibility of the backgrounds blurring, in case I need to resize them.

Below are two application examples. In the bomb character design, I applied the background to the scenery and also desaturated the colors to highlight the character. In the drawing of the little witch, I used the other background to mask the scenery.

The original drawings of the bomb character and the little witch are, respectively, here and here.

7 Likes