Hotkeys on Huion tablet

Type of device (graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet): Graphics tablet
Brand and version of the device: Huion New 1060 Plus
System (Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version): Linux

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):
The tablet and pen is working fine on krita, pressure works except for the tablet keys.
I only use Linux and I am wondering if the hotkeys on the tablet can be set up for use as keyboard shortcuts on krita. Input seems to detect something when pressing these buttons but they are not detected as key presses by krita when configuring shortcuts. is there some way to do this?

Which distribution of linux are you using. Gnome and KDE both have graphic tablet settings in the system settings there you can add shortcuts to the buttons.

I’m using Debian testing with xfce.

It may be possible to use the relevant Gnome utilities as part of your installation.
If you’re using Debian testing then I’m sure you’re aware of the difficulties and potential problems if you try this.
There is a good chance that somebody has tried to do it and a search of the various Linux or Huion forums with suitable keywords may find a discussion thread about it.

Within krita, the tablet tester does detect the buttons that are being pressed on the tablet, as you’ve seen. B=1 is associated with left-click and B=2 is associated with right click. I don’t know if these are actually interpreted and acted on by krita or if the tablet driver is the one that interprets them and sends the left and right-click signals to krita. A developer would know the details of that.

It would be useful to be able to map B=x signals to shortcuts within krita but again, that is a question for developers to deal with.

I could not manage to use the gnome utilities on xfce. I did find a way to map keyboard presses to buttons by running xdotool commands on xbindkeys. It mostly works except that xdotool as a command only seems to press and release immediately, not hold. So I can’t map shift, ctrl keys to use as holding keys for moving the cursor, to rotate the canvas, etc. If someone knows a way to be able to do this, please let me know.