Huion new 1060 plus

Type of device* :
Hi, I’m Itu.
Does anyone know if there is any way to configure the buttons of a Huion new 1060 plus tablet, in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Sorry for the English, I am using Google Translate.
Thanks.
Brand and version of the device:
System** :

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):

I use the same commands on linux to configure the wacom and the huion buttons :thinking:
If you have a script configuring your wacom tablet, just changing the id of the tablet to target the huion should work. Now buttons may be mapped differently :man_shrugging:

That sounds interesting. Which Wacom file do I have to adapt, because the Wacom drivers are available on SUSE already? So far, I only get my H1060P recognized as a mouse.
According to Huion and DIGImend there is no way to recognize it as a tablet with pen pressure under Linux or even to assign the keys. Then it would be possible to switch completely to Linux. :slight_smile:

Michelist

Sure the huion guys won’t tell you to use wacom commands to configure their product. But it works with my huion q11k v1.
There is no file to adapt, those are command lines you repeat every time you log in your session or plug in the tablet. So you want to make a script and assign it a shortcut so you can execute it quickly everytime you need. I did this to change monitors for example, it works well.
I’ve done it on Linux mint, no idea for non ubuntu based distros.

Thanks for the answer, but there is a problem.
How is this script done, so that it works?
Are there any tutorials out there?
Thanks again

you need to check wacom input drivers or something like that and xsetwacom command. I have my own script but it’s tailored to my system

here is an old script I made:

export intuosStylus='Wacom Intuos5 touch M Pen stylus'
export intuosEraser='Wacom Intuos5 touch M Pen eraser'
export intuosTouch='Wacom Intuos5 touch M Finger touch'
export intuosPad='Wacom Intuos5 touch M Pad pad'
#export intuosCursor='Wacom Intuos5 touch M Pen cursor'

xsetwacom set "$intuosStylus" Button 2 'key b'
xsetwacom set "$intuosStylus" Button 3 2

xsetwacom set "$intuosTouch" touch off

xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 1 0 #ring button
#j'ai commenté les vrais id des bouttons de 1 à 8 de bas en haut
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 13	0 #boutton 8
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 12	0 #boutton 7
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 11	0 #boutton 6
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 10	0 #boutton 5
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 9	0 #boutton 4
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 8	0 #boutton 3
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 3	0 #boutton 2
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 2	0 #boutton 1
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" abswheelup	0 #touch ring up
xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" abswheeldown	0 #touch ring down
#bouttons perdus
#xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 4 0 #??
#xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 5 0 #??
#xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 6 0 #??
#xsetwacom set "$intuosPad" button 7 0 #??

xsetwacom set "$intuosStylus" rotate half
xsetwacom set "$intuosStylus" MapToOutput 'DVI-1'
xsetwacom set "$intuosStylus" Mode Absolute

xsetwacom set "$intuosEraser" rotate half
xsetwacom set "$intuosEraser" MapToOutput 'DVI-1'
xsetwacom set "$intuosEraser" Mode Absolute

Thanks a lot, I think this will help! :slight_smile:

Michelist

1 Like

Thank you very much for answering, but I don’t know what to do with that script. Is there a tutorial out there that indicates step by step how to implement it on the computer?
Thank you for your patience.
Regards

I might be mistaken but I think xsetwacom wasn’t even done by Wacom… open source, done by volunteers as usual. But I might be wrong.

Easiest way is to just save it as huionscript.sh in your home directory (main folder), and enable execution (in modern Linuxes you should be able to do it with right-click and go to Permissions tab and change it to enable execution, but you can do it in console with chmod +x huionscript.sh) and then go to console and do ./huionscript.sh and it should run and set up your tablet.

The advanced way is to set it up to run automatically on startup. You can google it, I guess, I don’t have it on top of my head…

Yes, but wacom has a guy following up or cooperating with them iirc :man_shrugging:
At least it explains why it works with non wacom products :smiley:

Running the script at start up is not enough, because if you unplug the tablet you have to run it again manually, same if you log out etc…this is why I ended up binding a shortcut to the script.

1 Like

(the rotate half is to rotate 180° for lefties)

For that you make it run as a udev rule.

Thanks ! I’ll check it out !

Hello
Thank you all very much for the indications.
It doesn’t work for me, but I can always use the keyboard.
Thanks again.
Greetings

Since it hasn’t been mentioned yet, first make sure your tablet even uses the wacom driver, I don’t think Ubuntu 20.04 will do that by default for Huion tablets, so you’ll need a custom rule in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/, the digimend manual says how to do it.

For example when I do:
grep -i "Using input driver" /var/log/Xorg.0.log

it shows that my mouse uses libinput, while my XP-Pen (the parent company is called “Ugee”, hence UGTABLET I guess) uses wacom:

[    15.285] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'Razer Razer Diamondback Optical Mouse'
(...)
[    15.649] (II) Using input driver 'wacom' for 'UGTABLET 10 inch PenTablet'

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.