I’ve watched about all the reviews I can find on youtube about this and read all I could find on reddit but am still stumped.
I’m considering to buy either:
From what I can tell, the only differences between the two are in Huion’s favor namely the price and the laminated screen.
From what I’ve read the Huionis superior in:
- Price (700$ cheaper than the Wacom which is a big deal).
- Laminated screen (less parallax than the Wacom)
- Report rate: Report rate of 266 RPS (the current highest figure in report rate) (source).
- When it comes to color gamuts. Kamvas Pro 22 has a 120% sRGBcolor Gamut, compared to the 100% sRGB (or 72% NTSC, as Wacom states it). Source
- Offers 10 spare nibs as opposed to 3 for the Wacom.
+Offers 10 hot keys while the Cintiq offers none (you need to but a remote controller for that…)
They offer the same:
- 8192 pressure levels
- Resolution of 1920x1080 HD
Wacom offers the sole advantage of:
- Pen nib with an eraser end which is lacking the Huion.
- Offers a better rotating stand which I don’t care about as I use an ergonomic arm.
- More reliable drivers
- More reliable customer service.
I currently have a Cintiq 13HD which have never left me down. The cable has become a bit loose over time and will sometimes disconnect but apart from that it’s really premium quality.
Wacom has had the monopoly for so long, it’s hard for me to determine if the price difference is due to said monopoly of because the quality is there.
I subscribe to two beliefs:
a. you get what you pay for.
b. if it’s too good to be true…
So I’m dubious as to why something cheaper would surpass something more expensive…
The problem I have with what I’ve read on reddit is that the feedback is anecdotal and not very reliable and not to mention is varies greatly from person to person.
Do you guys have any sources as to explain the price difference? I’d like to know what I’m paying for.
Wacom has never let me down before and I’m inclined to believe it won’t but on the other hand 700$ is 700$… At the end of the day I don’t mind paying the extra 700$ if it saves me headaches in the future but at a glance it doesn’t seem to be worth it.