Impasto portrait

I’m really happy how this turned out. The impasto effect was achieved with combination of two brushes, one a modified rgba smudge brush for most of the work, and another brush with a lightness map brush tip (a picture of a thick brush stroke) with a high spacing value, using it as a “stamp”, dulling smudge mode . For the final pop I used two brushes from the Filter engine, one sharpening, and another with a Values filter.

23 Likes

Drekavac, I really like the effect you created. I have been trying for months to get the effect of the brush stroke, with a little oil effect. I have not been successful. When it comes to work with the Edit brush settings I am completely lost. Good work.

This is amazing! I am always wanting to loosen up my brushstrokes like this!

2 Likes

That’s really cool! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks! I think the key is to tweak the neutral point, brightness and contrast parameters to your liking (like I did in the picture below. I like the RGBA stamps from IForce13 (thanks to them BTW!). In the most contrasty parts of the painting, I further increased the sharpness with the Filter sharpen brush from the Krita 4 default resources bundle. It’s always trial and error type of thing with brush parameters, we sometimes stumble upon the solution after hours of tweaking!

4 Likes

Another one

8 Likes

Drekavac, thanks for your reply. How do I get the IForce 13 stamps?

Here’s the YouTube video… The download link is in the description.

2 Likes

6 Likes