Krita/wacom extra "Radial menu" popup plugin for Linux?

Hi

I have a Wacom Intous Pro and running Krita 5 on both Windows 10 and Linux.
What I like to know is … On Windows, Wacom users are kind of spoilt with the Wacom driver softare, especial the “radial menu” … might there be a plugin for Linux Krita that can give the same or at least some similar additional menu pop-up?
I don’t like working with the keyboard when in painting mode and so would be awesome to have all shortcuts with easy access via a menu pop-up in Krita Linux, similar like Wacom’s Windows radial menu.
I know it’s a big wish, but hoping some dev has created this plugin …

This is what comes to mind:

Whether it helps you, I don’t know.

Michelist

2 Likes

It would be fantastic if Wacom would expand their software to Linux. I miss their Windows GUI. I’m using a bash script to assign the express keys and stylus buttons but it’s quite clunky and has to be loaded each time Krita is started.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you! This may be exactly what I’m lookin g for :slight_smile: … hope it works, going to try it out now … Thanks again!

Yeah would be great but doubt they will … though at same time Microsoft seems to be showing interest in linux, so who knows, …

But, if you’re just talking about the express keys and pen buttons … the linux wacom settings app works pretty well, for me at least … never had any issues … could have a few extra features that Wacom soft doesn’t have, but for now i find the express keys, ring and pen buttons work pretty well.

1 Like

The Wacom Linux-Driver aren’t from Wacom, they are made by a person or team of FOSS-developers. If you want to wait for Wacom offering such functionalities, you probably have to get very old. :wink:

Michelist

2 Likes

I doubt Wacom will ever do that. Using windows is just a better choice, this is just another non issue there.

1 Like

VEIKK make a range of tablets and supply drivers for Linux in .DEB and RPM formats.
The drivers are GUI based like their WinMac counterparts and are fully functional.
Here is mine running on Mint Cinnamon.

1 Like

ok but this post is about Wacom

Sorry! Just suggesting a hassle-free alternative to Wacom
In case anyone might be researching Linux tablet issues in “input device support”.
Which could be deemed a logical place to browse.

Mea culpa!

3 Likes