I don’t think anyone addressed this yet, so I’m deciding to do it myself. I’m rather concerned about the recent change in Krita’s YouTube channel where the titles and thumbnails leans more into the clickbait side of things with the “ALL CAPS” text and such, which makes them seem less trustworthy to me, and to those who plan to use Krita.
???
Sir, are you sure we’re talking about the same YouTube channel? cuz I’m seeing absolutely nothing of what you’re talking about
Maybe it is about the three vids from @Drawpile, but in priciple that style is not so far off to those vids from @RamonM. At least I don’t see them as not normal.
Michelist
There are some videos that have that. I’ve screenshotted a few examples from FreeTube.
Two of them where I used the option to use the thumbnail in the middle of the video show a bit of meme usage.
I could also guess one or a few videos had the titled changed a bit
(from a 2020 Wayback screenshot)
Current title as of today
The all-caps text is pretty much YouTube 101
About the funni old guy, the way you phrased it made it seem as if it was a constant thing; what’s wrong about a channel being (responsibly) a bit more informal than usual from time to time?
I usually don’t mind it, especially that it was probably done in the channel years ago. However for some reason, I have been growing a bit estranged with the current titles, even with the DeArrow extension on.
For the videos with me, it has the stuff that’s in the video in the thumbnail: the speaker, the part and the topics covered, with the headline trying to say that you have doubts about these, the videos explain them. There were alternatives considered of putting art there instead, but we went for an informative thumbnail instead. Those videos also got way less views because of how dense and techy they are, so if those thumbnails are click bait, it sure doesn’t work.
Can’t say much about the other thumbnails and titles, but from what I heard through some other contacts, this stuff is de-facto the official guidance from YouTube. I don’t particularly care for it either, but if that’s what’s needed to not be annihilated by The Algorithm, I’d rather have flashy thumbnails and all-caps on informative videos than flashy thumbnails and all-caps on cut-up jingling key tiktoks.
I think that makes sense.
I never ever made me big thoughts on such things. For me this is only for getting information, and PR is a thing that is nearly as old as the oldest business in the world and has changed always over the years, and I have some decades of PR behind me.
The only thing I really thought about was: “How comes it that people notice something like that?”, for me that is pink noise in the background (or in other words: “There are things much more important like that.”), but that is my personal opinion and not everyone has to have the same sight on the things out there.
Michelist
Hi Ramon here. I am sorry you don’t like my titles. Give me please better ideas an give me arguments to consider change them. If that helps the channel promotion for the Youtube algorythm I will be pleased.
If not… well, have a nice day.
I read you
Maybe if titles could use a normal sentence case without having words in all caps and without the emojis. Some YouTube videos that have these kind of normal titles do get into the recommendation algorithm somehow.
How is this even a problem ? Never mind…
In retrospect, the thread is rather pointless to me. Could this be locked or removed, please?
The topic may not be pointless to other people.
Locking would be done in case of a high level of ‘spammy’ or disruptive content.
Other users of the forum have posted content expressing their opinion on this matter and have provided interesting and potentially useful information for other people to read, now and in the future.







