Life Together - 17 Mega Pixel Painting

Life Together is a painting that took just under 40 hours to make at a resolution of 7680 x 2160 or 16.6MP unfortunately I can’t upload the full res file here because it is limited to 9MP on this site. Hope you enjoy. Also krita handled these large file sizes and resolutions quite well at one point my file size was over 10 GB

17 Likes

While I wouldn’t say my drawings compare in any way with this beautiful work my new computer can supposedly handle this big of an image although I haven’t tried it yet. Did you work this big because it was to be printed or just for the heck of it? Any comments or tips for the benefits and did you do it grid style?

1 Like

Yea I created it in this res for print, correct. Although you will notice the resolution size is the same as two 4k monitors side by side so it can be used as a background also (although the subject matter is in the centre). Benefits are definitely for printing. But also for animation/film so you can move the camera around the canvas and create parallax between layers. I am actually uploading a speed paint and animation at some point. Not too sure what you meam by grid style?

Thanks for replying. I meant paint a little square then paint another little square, like portrait artist do. I might have to use this image for my screen background, if that’s ok. I used to use a studio ghibli panoramic picture for my two monitors and this is just as beautiful.

1 Like

O I see what you mean now. My process was to create a layout (sketch) and then work on components of the scene. I would jump around a little bit because I would get tired of drawing clouds for example, so I would take a break by working on something else in the image. Feel free to download it, and thank you I am honoured that you would replace a ghibli background for this work. If you want the highest quality download, you can download from my deviant art page here: Life Together by BenjaminRound on DeviantArt
Have a great day

1 Like

You also might notice the reference to porco rosso/the wind rises in this image as I used porco rosso’s plane colours and the wind rises plane design. Just a fun fact.

1 Like