so the Nav continued would appear on hover but have X circles to exit (on hover for like 0.2sec) or just exit in 3 seconds with cursor outside or when selecting other menu options like filters.
i was thinking View could also go under nav. continued since i rarely use it and mostly have key bindings set up for it.
the same with Select (i barely use it also) since u can often right click
i was also thinking Layer Styles (at bottom of Layer) could be in bigger font since it deserves to be notice. GMIC could be next to filters. (gmic would drop down automatically on hover) only show start and re-apply last gmic filter.
it would also be nice if we could change the size of the ones we use more. like i would make filters nav text bigger since i use it more than others.
the edit dropdown could also have bigger text on some of the options like cut paste del are boring and shouldt take that much space compared to fill and stroke.
Do I see this correctly, that this is supposed to be an extension for Android, or maybe generally for small displays? Because otherwise I’d have to say I don’t get it.
At least I’ve always had enough space in the menu bar for Krita in my previous desktop environments up to now, starting with 1024x768 to FHD to today’s 4k.
i think my main goal is to separate the nav options i use the most (art mode) from those meant for configuring and rarely used.
honestly would just shave like 0.5 seconds each time i try to find filter. but i think overall all these included might shave more time.
i do plan to use gmic more. but maybe in the drop down if gmic had its own it could have your favorite gmics effects so when you open gmic it goes directly there.
But then you would have to create a freely configurable menu bar for everyone. And then, I would support this solution. Because not everyone’s needs are the same.
I am, for example, constantly in Settings and Tools to look up the various things there to be able to answer user queries, this forced detour would then surely annoy me very much.
Okay, as some of you may have noticed, I’m currently only able to contribute to the forum to a very limited extent, compared to earlier times, and this will probably remain the case for a longer period of time, so I rarely use these menus at the moment. But of course I would like to do more in that direction again. I have great joy in the support area of the forum.