Manga screentone brushes to be re-created

I commonly see art apps like medibang, Photoshop, and clip studio paint to have an abundance of manga screentones

I’ve been trying to find one just for krita but I have no luck

If anyone can make multiple brushes just for multiple types of screentones like in medibang or in brush packs online that itself can help me and the many future Mangaka who use krita as there base platform for digital art.

:slight_smile: Hello @Kenjisamadesuu and welcome to the forum!

You can try the Mojo Tone preset bundle for Krita. And if I remember it correctly, then there are more resources for this, but at the moment I’m busy and can’t search for these, I’ll do it later in the day and report if I find them.

https://www.deviantart.com/moo-kopilot/art/Mojo-Tone-preset-bundle-for-Krita-783382737

Michelist

Hi @Kenjisamadesuu - Welcome to the forum.

Krita has a wonderful set of videos explaining how to make your own brushes. Even if you don’t actually make any, it’s a great way to get to know Krita. Here’s a link to the 1st one - there are 4 in total.

hi, have you tried pattern/screentone instead of a brush?

This is an old bundle;

but it does contain a number of “screentone brushes”, [brushes with screentone pattern], The screentone use is from snarkdoodle. You can use this brush as base brush for the above tone bundle shared by Michelist., to create more screentone brushes.

just a note that the this screentone set in this brushes only work at certain size [the dpi is in the brush name]

Snark doodle screentone [some is already included in the set]
https://www.deviantart.com/snarkdoodle/art/Krita-dot-screentones-for-brush-pattern-585678496

More? In the Mojo bundle are 49 Screentone brushes, most of the needs should be covered with it, I had thought at least.
I see that I didn’t have the slightest idea about the needs of manga artists. :upside_down_face:
:rofl:
Michelist

The bundle is perfect , the more the merrier.

my collection screentone flowers and patterns :joy: want to protest . In fairness there are the usual patterns and dots screentone that used most often, but there also some other patterns used [more in the shojou side of things] Screentone sparkes, screentone hearts, screentone blobs, screentone in random pattern :joy:

(trying not to look at my unused halftone cloth patterns :face_with_peeking_eye:)

speaking of which - i know there is a brush set with manga style sparkles, and those hearts thing. [edit its krita 4 defaults]

Screentones, in my opinion, give better results if they are made in a vector program, in a larger size (usually double), exported as png and reduced to the final size, in Gimp (opr in Krita). Then I export it as a pat file… and it can be saved in any program that accepts this format.

See here if this file would be the proper size.

Omg this is a absolute life saver thank you so much ahhhh

Btw I want more brushes like this