Monthly Art Contest - November 2022 - WIP and discussions

Use this thread to post WIP or ask any questions or discuss things in general about the monthly art contest of November 2022

1 Like

Link to monthly art contest :slight_smile:

Grum999

3 Likes

Prepare yourselves for my final weapon.

4 Likes

I need to find the perfect symmetric sausage thing :person_in_lotus_position:

Grum999

3 Likes

What a tangle web you weave! Looks exciting!

1 Like

strings and strings of matching sausages :grin:

1 Like

Looks like the plugin composition helper is heavily used here :wink:

:sweat_smile:

Grum999

2 Likes

Yep, I have a heavy debt on you this time :laughing:

1 Like

this is my drawing from last year.And I did’nt want to submit it to monthly art contest,This month I need to make a new artwork

15 Likes

is it ok if only some part of the artwork is symmetrical? Or the entire piece?

1 Like

80% should be symmetrical

Not sure how we can determinate if only 78% is symmetrical :sweat_smile:

Grum999

3 Likes

ok great, I will try to make it 79% just to be safe. :waxing_crescent_moon: :disguised_face: Thanks!

1 Like

percentage doesn’t really matter, what I want to say is how people know immediately when they see our work if we use mirror/multi brush tool the most in making artwork :smile:

Nice! :heart: ,I can’t wait to see the symmetrical works of the participant

1 Like

Okay so heres my WIP for this contest. I got a sudden surge of inspiration and ran with it. I thought it would be cool to have a spider lady, so I made a spider lady lol. I do have a bit of lore to go with this. But I’ll figure that out later, probably. This took me like three hours for no reason.

8 Likes

This might change entirely as I keep working, as it’s just a scribble while in car line, but the idea is to have a queen in the center ( she will be much bigger and clearly visible features) with some type of flower base and intricate Indian Henna motifs ( which I have to create in Inkscape maybe and bring it over to use as a guide to paint over)…and because I’m mental… The queen will be drinking Chai.

8 Likes

That sounds like perfectly reasonable behaviour to me. You must be sane then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

some sketches I made with a pencil brush

5 Likes

Thankgoodness! I’m in good company then! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My painting will be “the battle of termopilis”, but symmetrical:

Hidden

It’s a quite ambitious project, but there is a problem;

I’m using (nsfw?) https://www.storicang.it/medio/2020/08/03/leonida-alle-termopili-olio-su-tela-di-jacques-louis-david-1814-museo-del-louvre_66f6cb7f_800x533.jpg as the reference, but all those private parts are making me uneasy about the object I’m referring to.

I know that I’m royally disappointing my ancestors, but could someone cover the nudity on this piece for me please? thanks in advance.

P.S.
If I will ever be seeing this masterpiece in real life, I promise I would be proud of it.

5 Likes

You could paint toga-shorts on them.
Edit:Add: I meant loincloths.

2 Likes