Monthly Drawing Challenge - December 2019

Hey!
Welcome to the Monthly Drawing Challenge of December 2019!

This challenge is the continuation of the challenges back at the KDE forum.
Since the last challenge there didn’t have any participants, the same topic is used for this one, chosen by victus_maestro, the winner of the last challenge.
You can find the results of that challenge here: last challenge.

The topic for this month is:

:black_circle: inversion :white_circle:

As always, you can use the hashtag #kritachallenge on social media to talk about this challenge!

Good luck, have fun!

How the challenge works

There is a new topic every month, which is chosen by the winner of the last challenge.
Every drawing should be somehow related to the current topic.

You can submit your image until the 24 of December 2019 by posting an image as answer in this thread. Collaborative works are allowed. After the drawing time is over, you can vote for the winner in a poll, which runs for seven days.

• When there are less than two participants in a month, the deadline is extended until there are at least two participants.

• When there are multiple winners, one is chosen at random to provide the next topic.

13 Likes

Thanks @jmf for the announcement. I hope we will have some excellent entries this month.

A question, wouldn’t it make more sense to host these here? I think it would be somewhat good to centralize the Krita community activity, and this is a great site! What do you think?

1 Like

This is hosted here and not on the old forum from this month.

2 Likes

Started this week, had an idea that I thought would be too much work, but eh… I like to challenge myself.

It actually kinda works if you invert the picture… :wink:

7 Likes

Very interesting! Looks really cool when inverted too! Two questions, is that water color feel using a brush with the color smudge engine, and in the inversion on of the arm, is that a filter applied to a selection that you painted? How did you do that?

2 Likes

Thanks! I used a very messy brush for the underpaintings and my main brush is indeed just Krita’s palette knife brush with rotation applied to it. And the inversion effect was done by just making a new inverted layer on top of the original then erased.

1 Like

This is pretty cool. Even after inverting it.

1 Like

Hi. Just joined now. Hope to be better and, maybe join one of these challenges one day. Merry Christmas

1 Like