Pressure sensitivity isnt working

Type of device* : tablet
Brand and version of the device: XP pen g640
System** : Windows 10
I dont know what to do i am really new to drawing and i was trying to find out how to fix pressure sensitiity on my system because it doesnt work, i tried to enable it on the use pressure sensitivity option like the youtube tutorials told me but that still didnt fix it, i know its not my drivers because i open the app for xp pen and it registers my pressure, please help

1 Like

:slight_smile: Hello @blulu237 and welcome to the forum!

Do you have WindowsInk disabled in your driver? That’s on the bottom left of the drivers settings page, where you assign the pen keys and set the pressure curve. If you have deactivated it there you have to select in Krita under “Settings” >> “Configure Krita” >> “Tablet settings” the setting WinTab and confirm with “Ok”, then restart Krita, actually it should work then (in theory) - if you use a brush that uses pen pressure, e.g. “b) Basic-5 Size” or “b) Basic-5 Size Opacity”.

If this would not work, then please report back and tell us the steps you have taken so far, and tell us also the version of Krita you are using.
Aah, before I forget, you said you have set it up like it was shown on YouTube, so I think you’ve put the “Pen Pressure Button” into the toolbar, right? Did you enable it also, so it does not show this little “x” mark on the button?

Michelist

1 Like

yes it was on wintab as default, ive also added pen pressure to the toolbar neither has changed anything, i am working on krita 5.0.2 through steam, other than that i have no clue how to fix it, i tried to go into the brush settings but under opacity “use pen pressure” was already selected, i know its not my tablet or my drivers because when i open the xp pen driver app it displays pen pressure

And you have set up your driver like this, as I asked you to do?

Then you can try to disable all settings belonging to WindowsInk in Windows itself. Therefore, call the setup-facility for “Pen and WindowsInk” and disable anything or set it up the way I did in the following screenshots (may have a slightly different name, I have translated it from German Windows (and the following screenshots are from that too)).

Furthermore, I can unfortunately only announce the bad news that XP-PEN tablets occasionally want to work with Krita with difficulty or not at all, a problem with XP-PEN’s driver that is not due to Krita, Krita uses Qt’s standardized driver interface, but because the driver does not adhere to the standard. If it works with other software, it is because they use other interfaces or have done XP-PEN’s work and use a patch for it.

Michelist

1 Like

The last way I can think of would be to set it up for WindowsInk in Krita and in the driver and see if this will work. Therefor the checkbox in your driver must be checked and in Krita you have to select WindowsInk.

Michelist

Edit/Add: Can I ask if it works now and what you had to do for it? It would not only satisfy my curiosity, it would also be able to help others with this tablet and the same problem.

Michelist

1 Like

i made the adjustments ill try it now

1 Like

I made the adjustments as you said at first it didnt fix it but then i switched it from relative to absolute mode and that was the nail in the coffin. Thank you for the help and for helping so quickly too it works just fine now

Is this a setting in your driver, because I can’t remember something like that in Krita?

Michelist

Edit: Yes, I’ve found it! Thank you.

I hope you can take a joke!

If you knew how many times I have read these words here and in other forums. :wink:

Michelist

1 Like