Rotation/Zoom Problems (Touching screen not working)

Type of device* : Laptop
Brand and version of the device: Microsoft Surface Pro 6
System** : Windows

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots): I can not rotate or zoom the canvas with my fingers for Krita. I checked the enable touch rotation and it is on. I think I might have clicked something that locked the canvas from rotating and zooming (maybe a key or something) and I don’t know how to fix it. I already tried uninstalling the app and removing all data and that still didn’t work either. Also, is there someone I can email directly/contact for this problem because it has happened numerous of times. I can usually fix it by uninstalling it, but this time that didn’t work.

I’m sorry, but I have no idea what might cause this: there is no way to lock rotation other than disabling touch rotation altogether.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Krita won’t change anything, ever.

And no, there’s no support email address: this is the right place to ask for help. Here your question may be read by someone who has experienced the problem. Krita’s isn’t made by a big company with a support deparment – we’re just a small band of free software enthousiasts doing our best.

What about the zooming issue with touch as well? I can’t pinch in or out to adjust the Canvas as well or does that fall into the same category as the rotation issue?

did this ever get solved? i’m having the same issue. when i try to pinch to zoom (i have a touchscreen monitor) it shows me a square with the color i’m using. idk if i clicked something by accident but it’s super annoying to not be able to pinch to adjust the canvas

Honestly, yes and no. For me the zoom and rotating started working out of nowhere. However, I have no clue on how it fixed, if it was the app or the computer’s fault, how to avoid this problem, etc. Keep in mind, I had this issue was on the app for months. I hope it doesn’t take you’re computer or app as long to fix this, but it just might. If anything, just keep your fingers crossed every time you open the app.

yeah, mine eventually fixed itself. my guess is it’s just a bug.