Published on Krita.org 2020-09-28T18:30:00Z
Thank you for helping us test the first beta. Today, we’re releasing Krita 4.4.0 beta 2: we found a number of regressions and release blocking bugs.
This beta has Android builds too, since we fixed many issues with accessing files on Android: however, because we now add translations the APK files are too big for the Play Store, and you will have to download them from download.kde.org
NOTE for Windows Users: Microsoft has changed the way applications signed with certificates are handled. Only Digicert certificates are automatically trusted, other certificates will only be trusted if enough people bypass smartscreen to run the signed application. Our builds are absolutely safe, so you can safely do that. If you see the “Windows protected your PC” screen, press “More Info”, then select “Run anyway”.
Bugs fixed since beta 1
- Disable the DDS file format.
- Fix crash when loading a file with reference images (BUG:426839)
- Fix lightness strength option for smudge engine (BUG:426874)
- Fix Cutoff Pattern option BUG:426874
- Android: Vector/references don’t get rendered (BUG:422312)
- Fix updates of color picker’s preview (BUG:426867)
- Windows: add .lnk files for starting Krita in minimal and animation mode
- Fix crash when undoing Rectangle Selection and doing redo after
- Fix a crash when moving local selection mask (BUG:426816)
- Fix shortcut for Polygonal Selection Tool (BUG:426916)
- Fix update of color preview in MyPaint Color Selector on mouse click
- SeExpr: assert isDirty on the correct preset instance (BUG:426911)
- Fix snapping decorations in Create Path Tool (BUG:426514)
- Android: Use Storage Access Framework for all file operations (BUG:424541, BUG:423670)
- Android: show recent files on Welcome widget
- Android: Fix problem with loading/saving file layer
- Android: Fix saving for files with no extension
- Android: Fix saving with selections
- Bugfix: usage logging could not be saved to a file on Android (BUG:427043)
If you’re using the portable zip files, just open the zip file in Explorer and drag the folder somewhere convenient, then double-click on the krita icon in the folder. This will not impact an installed version of Krita, though it will share your settings and custom resources with your regular installed version of Krita. For reporting crashes, also get the debug symbols folder.
64 bits Windows Installer: krita-x64-4.4.0-beta2-setup.exe
Portable 64 bits Windows: krita-x64-4.4.0-beta2.zip
32 bits Windows Installer: krita-x86-4.4.0-beta2-setup.exe
Portable 32 bits Windows: krita-x86-4.4.0-beta2.zip
(If, for some reason, Firefox thinks it needs to load this as text: to download, right-click on the link.)
- OSX disk image: krita-4.4.0-beta2.dmg
Note: the gmic-qt is not available on OSX.
This time, the Android releases are made from the release tarball, so there are translations. We consider Krita on ChromeOS and Android still beta . There are many things that don’t work and other things that are impossible without a real keyboard.
For all downloads: