Self portrait- David G.M

Since I have Covid-19 I finally had time to make my first digital self portrait. It was done with @RamonM’s RGBA brushes on one of his smart canvas templates. The brushes are amazing, and they feel like real oil paints. I had so much fun painting with them. Big thanks again to @RamonM for all the free resources.

37 Likes

Wow, you painting skills are amazing, nice to see you were able to find the right brushes to achieve this effect

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Thank you @tachiko and @kacart.

great work

1 Like

Thanks.

Nailed it.

1 Like

I don’t think I really nailed my nose. It looks a bit off. Thank you.

very nice

1 Like

Really nice work!

1 Like

I don’t critique but seriously I thought since you nailed the eyes “plane” wise that the original picture probably was very close to the end drawing meaning reality was wrong. The eyes are perfect.

1 Like

Well done, David. Your painting lives. The mood is calm, but calmness too can incorporate an intensive life. There is micro-motion in this face. That makes it literally a movie, with a story.

I like your Ian-Anderson-avatar!

1 Like

Thanks!

Never knew David was a girls name :smiley: Get well soon and have a nice quarantine time, atleast as good as it can be

1 Like

Wow, I like this! I especially like it when one uses textured canvases, that may be a tick of mine, but somehow it gives a picture more character, at least in my eyes. The brushwork is also fun and I like it.
:+1:
Michelist

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not a girl, I’m a boy with long hair :joy:. Don’t worry, many people think I’m a girl, I’m used to it.

A very good portrait, and is interesting to see real Krita users faces . Thank you too for using the rgba brushes.

1 Like

Thank you, it means alot!