Sheep and clouds

125 Likes

Hoooo I love it ^^ it really looks like a background from a ghibli movie.

2 Likes

Oh wow,
that’s a particularly well thought composition - it’s so hard to balance an artwork so well.
Good job :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so positively beautiful. :heart:

1 Like

Awesome composition! The squiggly shapes all meld together so beautifully. <3

1 Like

Really good. Soft well rendered (painted) . and you touch one of my partner’s favorite animal. The Sheeps. She would like to be a farmer, so this could be a good place

1 Like

Looks like a perfect place to do… anything. Playing guitar or paragliding come to mind. Splendid work ! I love it.

1 Like

Your brush (hay_impasto) may look like grass ;D Thanks

1 Like

(✿◠‿◠) Thank you all for kind words

Oh, it’s here! I haven’t noticed it at first sight :smiley: so great, thank you :wink:

1 Like

I love the calming feeling of your artwork! I’m new to digital art, so I have a lot of questions :grin:

• How do you choose the colours for this piece? I read somewhere that if you use a reference, you should try to pick colours directly from the colour palette/selector (not by eyedropping the reference image), I wonder if you adopt this concept or not.
  • How do you shade? May I know what blending modes did you use?

Thank you!

Hello!
Well, for this art I used photo-reference and arts by others artists.

For understanding how works color, I recomend books about color (like Color and light by James Gurney). Yes, practice with color palette is more useful. References help you understand, what effect and mood you want to reach. Eyedropping may speed up your process, if you work with commision, it is okay.
Blending modes: screen, lighten, multiply, overlay, hard overlay >:D color, color dodge.
I use color balance and HSV adjustment for finalizing too

11 Likes

I love living colours
It’s so beautiful

1 Like

luv luv <3

1 Like

Very great

1 Like

It’s really soothing and very pleasant to look at :o

1 Like

Thank you for your comprehensive reply! It really helps :slight_smile: