Hello… I have some feature requests for Krita…
01. Red Dot Indicator for Eraser Mode
When we work a long time on Krita, Brush mode and Eraser Mode become confusing… like if we are working on fullscreen mode there is no toolbar… so we don’t know for sure which Mode we are Currently on just looking at the brush tip. So I think if Eraser Mode have a Red Dot or something like that then we visually know which mode we currently on. Like this…
Blender Grease Pencil had a similar thing…
Ps. Reference Purpose Only
02. Saving in Krita
When We try to Save a Document on Krita, First We save .kra or .PSD file so we can reopen the file and continue the work. then we save an output Image file like .jpg or .png.
But The problem is in Krita after saving a .jpg or .png file if we hit Ctrl+S then it overwrites the .jpg file, not the main .Kra or .PSD file we saved Previously. Even the backup file also continuously created based on that .jpg.
So I Think if Krita is working more like this then it’s more convenient.
- 1st user saves a .Kra or .PSD file
- Then save a .jpg or any image file
- now if user hit ‘save’ or ‘save as’ then Krita replace the previously saved .Kra or .PSD( Re Editable Format) file, not the jpg file.
- The backup file always Created Based on previously saved .kra or .PSD (Re Editable Format) File. I not sure but I think Krita create backup file based on .jpg ( after the jpg is saved) is not necessary.
Krita save backup file after saving a Jpg
03. Save As Pop Up Menu
This Feature is to make Krita more Unique… when we hit Save As Krita open a file browser. But instead, if Krita will open a Pop Up File Format Menu then it would be more fun…
PS: I Add Pop Up From Affinity Designer for Reference Purposes Only
Krita already had Pop Up Option Menus for some major formats. I am just asking merging all together and Make a One & Only Save As Pop Up menu.
04. Organize Save As File Type and Export:
Save As & Export in Krita is the Same. Like This
This is Save As
This is Export & Its Same.
So I think It Would Great
- Categorize File Type Like PDF, Gif, Ico, R8 Heightmap this type of File Format is going to the Export
- In Save As .Kra File Format Always in Top of the list and Then Serial by Most popular file formats
- I think All Supported File Format(Now On The Top on Krita) is not so Important
- If Developers Give Us the Pop Up Menu (Like 03) Then we get two separate Pop Up Menu for Save As (Most Used File Formats) and Export.
Ps. Reference Purpose Only
Thank You, Everyone, and All The Developers who made this wonderful Software Krita. And Sorry For my little bit of odd English. Have a Great Day.