Some of today's projects

Krita 4.4.7

67 Likes

incredible, truly.

2 Likes

Very impressive detail, amazing work.

2 Likes

Stunning. Thank you for sharing them here.

2 Likes

Wow! :open_mouth: Excellent photographic like work!

1 Like

Very Nice!

1 Like

Great work! This is a first picture matte painting or full krita? Ty

1 Like

@soundsonic Thank you, is matte painting

1 Like

In that case, are you using / did you know about the Photobash Plugin? Could be useful! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @slightlyangrydodo, I have tried to use the plugin, but my low resource laptop does not support it, I am looking forward to using it soon

Thanks for commenting

1 Like

That’s odd. What do you mean it doesn’t support it? Do you have a very large library?

1 Like

@slightlyangrydodo The plugin makes my laptop slow in krita, I didn’t add anything when I tested it

1 Like

Just from adding, do you notice any difference? That’s very odd, without any images it should be practically “weight-less”, and in my testing even in folders with about 100 images, it takes less than 100mb of RAM.

I would be interested in finding out exactly what causes this behaviour, could you specifically test without any references folder, and what kind of impact you’re experiencing?

2 Likes

I cant see all to well now since I am preforming a stress test to another plugin that should end tomorrow kinda related to it as both are connected. But even during my stress test Photobash does not pose any weight above 100mb on a 100 images folder. Even on folders with 24k images now I can go through it swiftly and smoothly on my 10 year old computer. I must say I am curious as well.

Is it a RAM allocation given to Krita perhaps? but even so :thinking:

2 Likes

@slightlyangrydodo When using brushes with few settings activated at a size above 170px it gets slow with and without the plugin, but it’s better without the plugin by a few fps, the same happens with the move tool, all this gets worse if there are many normal layers and others in different blending modes.

My laptop is almost 6 years old now, krita uses 2,5GB out of 4GB.

Sorry for not replying in time, I have retested it because I only remembered that it was slow when I already had a lot of layers.

Sometimes the program shuts itself down and there are flickers on my laptop, it broke down many times over the years but I have taken it in for repair, that’s all I have left for now.

I really appreciate your help, thank you

1 Like

I see, in that case it may really just be a case of resource management. With 4Gb, I assume you’re running Linux?

1 Like

Windows 10

Have you tried Linux? The only reason I’m suggesting this is simply because it’s a lot smoother on older hardware. Many people actually give a second life to their computers when installing Linux! You can use a simple USB Pen drive to test it out, no need to make any commitment at first :smiley:

1 Like

@slightlyangrydodo You are right, they recommended it to me in a group and I will try to try it, I plan to buy a good computer in the future

The plugin looks great, I will definitely use it

1 Like

Hope it helps, if you need any assistance in setting things up, I’m happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like