Speed Painting - Gluttonous Hamster Cartoon in Krita

Having a hamster as a pet is a lot of fun, they are so cute and funny, there is nothing more
funny than seeing them eat and fill their mouths with everything they get, they are little
gluttons. You can watch the video to enjoy the details here at this link.

Illustration done in Krita: 2048px x 2048px.
Original time about 3 hours.
Visit my social networks to see the finished illustration and many more works.
Youtube

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Pinterest

75 Likes

Amazing. I really like how you draw and render your images. They look so vibrant.

PS. You took three hours to do this?! What are you? XD I’d take… A very long time XD

1 Like

Coming to your top row soon.

2 Likes

hahaha, well let’s say almost 4 hours, thanks for the appreciation, only I already have a lot of practice drawing animals and portraits that is my job and I already have the technique to do it quickly.

1 Like

I hope so, thanks

XD I see. And this is why we shouldn’t compare ourselves to other artists as artists. Just be okay with your current drawing ability, believe you’ll someday improve and practice. And practice because of your love for it, not because you want to measure up or compete because competition opens up another can of worms. Why? Because Competition and Comparison are siblings. They destroy you from the inside.

Comparison is an injustice to yourself. What if I sat around thinking: “Oh, I wish I was that good!” Or “I’ll never be this good!” While being completely unaware that you’re a professional and should therefore be practicing your craft constantly. And by virtue of practicing constantly, no doubt you’re gonna be good!

I often see myself and other artists, (I think most are hobbyists) compare themselves to professionals and that’s crazy! I mean, why would you kill yourself like that? I can speak for me when I say that I don’t have even half the practice or experience they do so it makes absolutely no sense to sit around and mope about how much I suck. You get me? And it’s something I believe other artists do and it must stop.

Man, XD I practically preached on your comments. I’m not sorry XD this is something I’ve wanted to say for quite some time. I hope you don’t mind.

2 Likes

This one catchj my eye entirely!
Excelent mood, and the face make my day
Cheers
Alex

1 Like

looks great!!!

1 Like

Love it! :laughing:

1 Like

Tu arte es asombroso. Me encantan los detalles y los colores. Bien hecho ! :wink:

translated…

Your art is amazing. I love the details and the colors. Well done ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do not bother me at all, it is good that you show your way of thinking, I agree not to compare with other artists, but I agree to learn and imitate the work of other artists, I do and practice this and I can testify that it is a good Practice to develop myself more as artists, of course, the goal is not to look like another artist but to learn from his experience and add him to my art style.

I understand what you’re saying. The important thing through is that while you’re doing all that, love what you’re doing. Do it from passion, not competition or comparison. I think doing it for the love feels better than when you’re doing it out of hate. And in the long run, you can compete and compare all you want but it’s passion that gets you on your feet after every knock down. It’s the love that keeps you going when nothing makes sense anymore.

1 Like

This is beautiful work!

1 Like

thank you!!!

1 Like

great composition and facial expression

1 Like

thank you :riendo:

I like your painting. I am a beginner (with everything i.e. Krita, drawing, graphic tablet) and I would like to know what kind of brushes you used to draw this ?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

check krita’s youtube channel and download all the Ramon Miranda brushes, those are the ones I use, but as for this illustration, I started with soft brushes and then use a textured brush for the hamster’s hairs and voila.

1 Like

очень качественная и проработанная работа просто блеск! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Какой отличный комплимент, спасибо!