Story Board Template for Krita

Hi all! I’ve been busy storyboarding animation for my University course, and couldn’t find any Krita-specific templates on the Internet. So, I decided to make my own! The layout and layer setup is inspired by traditional Studio Ghibli storyboards, and Tony Gaddis’ awesome YouTube video explaining his storyboarding process, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfmQuMiHitA

I also discovered a way to import the story board frames into Krita’s animation window using the Image> Image Split property; while you still have to allocate timing, importing the frames is made a bit easier. (The process is very manual though).

The free Gumroad template file is linked below, and if there is any interest in the importing frames option, I’ll be happy to make a tutorial detailing my approach.
Thanks!
Gumroad Krita Story Board Template

1 Like

I saw that video before! This looks interesting. I’ve been making some animatics myself though I usually storyboard traditionally. I’ll try it out. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I just discovered @tiar 's recent dev update post where they mentioned new animation updates, including a possible storyboard docker! That might be a while away, but it is still exciting!

1 Like