Stylus suggestions

So I am in need of a new stylus but as I have not been doing digital art for very long, I’m not sure, other than personal preferences, what I need to be looking for, much less where to even start. Any suggestions?

Some more information and details of your computer would be useful.

When you say ‘stylus’, do you mean just a stylus/pen to use with a 2-in-1 laptop or something like a Samsung tablet?
Or do you mean a ‘graphics tablet’ to use with any desktop or laptop computer or Chromebook?

Which computer and operating system do you have?

Do you have a price range in mind?

@AhabGreybeard
Yes. I just need a stylus for a 2-in-1 windows 10 computer. Preferably not super expensive. I have already tried a few different types of stylus’s and they all worked fine…but they either didn’t last for very long, or they were not easy to maneuver and made details difficult.

Do you mean they fell apart and/or stopped working or do you mean the tip wore down? You can buy replacement tips on eBay if you didn’t know.

I have no experience of 2-in-1 devices or stylus use for those but I think that not all such devices are the same and different ones need different types of stylus.
If you can give the make and model of your 2-in-1 computer then somebody who does know about this subject would be able to give accurate advice.

That is correct, there are two main types of digitizers for laptops: Wacom AES and N-trig (aka Microsoft Pen protocol), which are incompatible and each needs a supported pen. So you need to figure out which one is supported by your laptop before buying anything. A few active pens support both (e.g. https://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/stylus/bamboo-ink#Specifications ), but the reviews on YouTube are not good for this one.

If your laptop supports Waccom AES, I am very happy with the Lenovo Active Pen 2 (https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/accessories-and-monitors/top-tech/TAB-ACC-BO-Active-Pen2-NA-EMEA%2CANZ%2CAP/p/GX80N07825 ). It’s much better than what came wih my laptop, and the battery literally lasts for months at a time.

I hope that helps a bit.

1 Like

@mourgos
Thanks so much!!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.