The Cover generator?

Interesting effects can be achieved by combining multiple clone layers, layer styles, and filters.

<<How to use
When you draw something on the “for drawing lines” layer group, Covers are automatically generated in the gap.
Hiding the red “Cover Generator” group will make covers disappear.
The size of the covers can be changed by adjusting the parameters of the purple “Gaussian blur” layer.
Selecting a range with reference to all layers allows you to fill it with closed gaps.

If you fill the “for filling” layer with a color, it will automatically fill the interior of the line drawing
(The color will change to a specific color)
(Hiding the “for filling” group restores the original fill area.)

However, it is not perfect and may fail to close gaps…

<<The principle of the Cover generator is briefly explained…
Prepare a line drawing X
Prepare a clone of X, blurred and enlarged in area X2
Add a white contour line to the inside of X2 using a layer style
Further reduce the area of X2 by making the white transparent with a filter
Let this be X3.
Delete the area from X to X3, and only the tip of X remains, which is designated as Xa.
Expand Xa by 2 to 4 px by outlining it with a layer style, and make it Xa2.
Xa2 is generated at the tip of X, which closes the gap

In addition to this, I have made many other minor adjustments. It’s so detailed I’m starting to lose track of it myself…

You can download .kra files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kcL88DOMmUddCN6oSwDHvJooCiCLniw3/view?usp=sharing

Due to the complex layer structure, it takes a long time to load.
Please note that Krita may freeze depending on the user’s PC performance due to the heavy processing.
If it does not function properly, the layer styles may have turned off by themselves when the file is loaded. Please try with all layer styles in the layer turned on.

People on this forum often ask for the fill features that CSP has for Krita. However, I have limited coding skills, so please do not expect me to implement these features in Krita. This is an incomplete system that I created for fun, so I have no intention of asking developers for such features.

In a manner of speaking, this system adds pixels like mold to areas where lines are adjacent to each other.
I posted this in the Lounge as an example of the interesting things you can do when you combine the various features of Krita. I hope you will play around with it as well.
( I used translation software)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.