The Winter Lands Golem

Leon and Kiki got a little bit lost while hiking through the Winter Lands.
Fortunately, they encountered a half-buried rock golem who kindly helped them get to their destination.
Kiki is still struggling to find their exact location, though.

*** I like the way animated movies use painted backgrounds and drawn characters, so I tried to replicate the style. I actually had to learn how to paint snow to create this piece, because winter is my favorite season and I HAD to make it about winter. XD

I used some screencaps from Brother Bear as reference to create the trees and to get the composition right. And I got the idea for the golem after rewatching the first chapter of Hilda, although my character is way simpler. The rest was on me.

Hope you like it.

Bai.

64 Likes

The picture is very immersive, like I would stand behind a tree and watch them. Very nice.

2 Likes

lovely piece

1 Like

Wahou ! Good job, the story is nice !

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad you liked it! :smile:

1 Like

So cool style! I like it so much!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hi @Silvia

@AhabGreybeard and @Takiro already answer you, and also @tiar gave you rules about how to use forum:

Is it so difficult to follow steps that have been provided and follow rules? :pensive:

@tiar, I think you can move these posts to the how do you make art? topic…

Grum999

1 Like

@Silvia (and also @CAMCAM for advice),

This topic is about The Winter Lands Golem picture and was created by @LundayMonday for that purpose.
You shouldn’t come in here asking how to draw.

There is already a topic for that, and you can go there by clicking the link provided by @Grum999 in the post above.
You won’t gain anything by running around different topics and asking that same question over and over again.

Please, if you want to say anything more about this, go to the correct topic:
how do you make art?

I would love to see a story between them with this trait! Hahahahaha

3 Likes

NOICE!!! I love it!

1 Like

hello, really like the art that you created

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you liked it :smiley:

1 Like

no problem