Tinikling and speed paints and studies.

I’m so glad I finally got to finished this piece that I had been rendering here and there over the past year. It’s an illustration based on a Pinoy dance (Filipino/Philippines dance). I don’t really have an in-depth reasoning for my concept for the piece, other than I wanted to illustrate the dance. The glowing feet were just a random thought that occurred in my head when I decided to restart the illustration.

This is a study I did of Jean Gerome’s “Pollice Verso.” Man I love the French classical period. The original painting is drop dead gorgeous

This was my entry for the Character Design Challenge last Jan 2021;

This speed paint was based on a prompt from the private Krita group in Facebook;

The rest of the images are my speed paints that were inspired/created for the Daily Spit Paint group in Facebook, and/or for Sketchzone.net, a discord group I’m a part of;

32 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m sure this will be a great help to many. And the work of course is fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your process!

1 Like

Thank you chief. I hope the narrated timelapse can help people. I’m not exactly the most developed artist, but I still feel I can impart a knowledge or two.

1 Like

Thanks boss

Getting better dude! Nice work! :wink: :+1:

I quite like the bold sketchy handling on that samurai. And the one with the fish and green palette has a nice feel.

1 Like

Nice work! Thanks for sharing your process!

What brush are you using with all those colors? Looks like an interesting way to color sketches in.

Thanks man. The fishes one is one of my favorites. Hope you are doing well chief

1 Like

I’m using David Revoy’s “random mech” brush. It should come standard with the default 4.0 brushes. The only thing I did different was I turned on the hue setting so I could vary the colors a little bit.

1 Like

Thanks! Sounds fun to play with. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Amazing work. I love the Pinoy Dance & of course the Samurai cyborg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you boss