[update] Deevad 2025-01 Brush Bundle

Thank you all for the feedback about my bundle. I just pushed and an update (new year cleaning) to keep it fresh, up to date with recent modifications and correction and also assure a perfect compatibility with current Krita 5.2.6. I hope you’ll like it.

10 Likes

It’s my main brush set for painting, I’ll update it as soon as I get to my PC :blush: Big thanks! :heart:

2 Likes

Hey, I noticed that one textured brush is missing from the overview, it’s y) Textured Random Noise. It’s the 46’th, which alas doesn’t fit neatly into 3 x 15 panels :smiley: so maybe that’s why.

When I imported the new set, I noticed some of my custom brushes were added to the bundle’s tag for some reason, but it’s probably a quirk on my side (I tested on master, too).

Well observed and found! (and thank you for using them). Yes, I had this 3x15 limitation because I split the presentation into 1 image cover and 3 image descriptions for social media limited to 4 picture per post max (Mastodon, Bluesky). So I decided it wouldn’t be that important if I skip showing the last brush. :smile:

Oh suprising glitch! Here I only tested on 5.2.6 and a appimage of 5.2.2 I had around (and both launched into preference isolation to be vanilla from start). The bundle was generated with 5.2.6appimage.

Continuing the discussion from [update] Deevad 2025-01 Brush Bundle:

Thanks! The man, the legend, The Krita Artist to me since forever, the reason why I’m using it on Linux Mint rn. Glad you keep on sharing.

2 Likes

wow cant wait to try these!

That is always a handy thing.

If it is critical, you can tweak the thumbnails yourself, just overwrite the preset and it gives you some options.

1 Like

Much thahk you for these
eternal @Deevad

how do i get the brushes to form the ring in the pop up palette like you have?

Lil tag icon on the bottom left
And don’t forget to set the max brushes shown to the max (which is 45) in the configuration

3 Likes

i cant download zip file :frowning:

Try this one, it is the bundle.

Michelist

1 Like

didnt work too

hi Jeoda, maybe your operating system or webbrowser (or both) have a protection that prevent you to download things. I tested the link, it works here. Check your security settings.

1 Like

good afternoon Mr. Deevad for the brush bundle (deevad-bundle_23-01.zip) I seem to be still having trouble accessing this resource due to Krita stating the file format is incorrect for both 2023 and 2025 if possible I would like to discuss a solution to this problem our whether is improper settings on my part

thank you

yeah I’m having the same issue it states incompatibility with krita program is that the same thing your getting?

1. you have to download the file from davidrevoy.com or here

  1. click extract bundle and have it be in the same folder our make a folder specifically for it
  2. finally start up Krita > go to settings > manage resource library > then click IMPORT> look for the file deevad-bundle 23-01 or 25-01 which ever you downloaded and then BOOM! BRUSH RESOUCES i hope this helps ya have a good one
1 Like

Hey @Wonder thank you for sharing the how-to, and sorry for late reply; I’m in a hackathon for Wikimania (a yearly Wikipedia event, in team) and I was busy all day.

Yes, the *.bundle file is zipped. That’s because some browser won’t let me link directly a .bundle file to download. So, I need to zip it, and user needs to extract it. It can be problematic and confusing on operating system who decides to hide the extension of the file.

Also, yes, double click on the bundle file won’t open and load in Krita. Yes, you have to open a specific menu within Krita to install and import it. But this process is also confusing to newcomers.

Enjoy painting with the brushes!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Devad. It’s been such a pleasure to have a friend like you.

1 Like

So silly question here,

I have two of your older bundles.
Do you (or any other Krita expert) recommend keeping all the old ones or just the new ones in these kinds of bundles?

You always have some of my favorite brushes