Videoclip: Sale (Erica Boschiero)

I made this animation using Krita and Blender for some shots (can you guess which ones?). What you think about it?
Sale (Official video made by Dario Scaramuzza) - song by Erica Boschiero

Making too long scenes in 4k it was a huge error due to the easy crashing (2gb files) but despite that Krita it was an amazing tool. Thanks for exist!!

19 Likes

Beautiful !!
Blender is a beast,which probably I will never learn to tame !
So I don’t have much knowledge…but probably these small lands are made with blender and the material/textures are made inside krita !
Again,it can be a foolish guess,but loved the way it was made !

1 Like

Wow, kinda looks like a painted version of glitch art

1 Like

Thank you for the nice words. And good guess ari! it’s exactly it. Just a bunch of geometries with the textures on without any shading for those shots. I assure you Blender isn’t that difficult for easy compositions. I suggest you to take a look at the tut by Marco Bucci https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff0aobJRSNc

1 Like

thanks @gorgenfol! never thought about that: interesting point! And yes it’s a kind of morphing I found in G-MIC-Qt filters (). It gives that weird melting of the images.

1 Like

Wow, this is very lovely. I was amazed watching it. Thanks for sharing it.

I have zero experience with blender but I assume that it must have been lots of work to produce such a long video.

1 Like

That’s really beautiful work - very nicely done. I liked the song too! Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jeremiah! I’m happy you like it. It has been a rush and Krita was crashing quite a lot but I would say the most work it was to define the subject. It’s hard to mantain a coherence and give a meaning when you are making everything on your own.

1 Like

thank you Mythmaker! I’m happy you like it :slight_smile:
Amazing artworks in your portfolio!

1 Like

Wow, I am really Impressed. Very beautiful work combining painting and 3d.and the song is very relaxing.

1 Like

I now have to watch it again :slight_smile:

“Krita was crashing quite a lot”
oh Im sorry tp hear that. I wonder why that has happen. You may be have a very high overall speed which puts a huge strain on the machine.

I think some painters experience crashes from time to time while others do much less. It may be has sth to do with the set up and the hardware.
I did the Trans Am painting with 600dpi on a A3 canvas. And if I remember right, I even used the small Dell XPS 9370 about 1.8 GHz CPU, 8 gb ram, no dedicated grafic card. But I am a slow painter and I use lots of groups which I turn off when I am not using them…

Cheers
Jeremiah

thanks for the comment, I didn’t know that turning off groups it saves memory! I will try. I think my problem it was that I made files for too long scenes (up to 200 frames) in 4K using something like 4,5 layers with textured paint on it :-D. Next time better to split the scenes on multiple files. But beside this I can’t imagine any other software even with payd subscription with this power! I mean… just G’MIC alone comes with amazing filters and… pacman as well :smiley:

1 Like

Thank Ramon I’m so happy to have your feedback! I have to say thousand of thanks to Krita and the community and your ispiring content. This was my first project using krita and back then I didn’t know very much about the software, but beside this, Krita saved my day sooo well. Looking for joining the fund as soon as possible

2 Likes

I am glad that you can use Krita for your work. I see more interesting things coming from you in future. And by the way i love the song. The moment when you expect she is going to transform in a “manta raya” and becomes a bird. Very good idea. If you need help some day to achieve certain look with brushes or crazy ideas, let me know :wink:

1 Like

Very beautiful, incredibly well done!

1 Like

Thank you!