When the angle of brush tip is linked with actual holding angle, the rotation of canvas cuase the mismatch

It is hard to describe the problem in texts, so i will just throw some screen shots here to help me illustrate the problem.

So, when i am holding the pen like:

(Angle 1)

The angle of the brush tip reflect the angle:

Here is the problem, lets say i am still using Angle 1.
If i rotate the canvas, the angle seems to consider the rotation of canvas:

But if i put my pen down and start painting, the angle ignore the rotation of canvas:

I think this is a undesired behavior.
Is there known fixed for this?
If not, i think i might be able to help with the code.

The brush I am using is WaterC Flat Decay Tilt.
Krita 5.06

Yeah… that looks like a bug. It seems to occure with the “Airbrush” option activated - random dabs simply ignore* the canvas rotation. I can replicate it with a very simple brush even without tilt, i.e. with a fixed angle.

*) or better: take into account - which isn’t desired.

1 Like

Confirm.
Turn off airbrush, instant fix.
But airbrush option is kinda essential for these water-ish brushes > <.
I hope this bug get noticed.

I can confirm on Linux. I made a short video that capture the bug. The video of 40s is in three parts:

• 00s, step 1, brush selection
  • 08s, step 2 the OK effect with canvas non rotated
  • 20s step 3 the bug: buggy strokes after canvas rotation.

2 Likes

Well, now you have the honor to write a bug report, because without the developers knowing about it, nobody will care about it anytime soon…
:wink:

You can open a bug report on https://bugs.kde.org/ - in case you would like to see it fixed. :wink: This is an interesting experience if you haven’t done it yet. You have to open an account there first, you need a valid mail address, preferably one that can be seen by the public, because that’s what it will be.
:wink:
Furthermore, it is expected that you describe the error, how it occurs or could be “provoked”, what you would expect as normal behavior, and how you imagine it to be fixed. A detailed list of what is expected from a bug report can be found here: ⚓ T7492 How To Report a Bug also here is an explanation: 2. User Guide — Bugzilla 5.0.4+ documentation
:upside_down_face:

Michelist

3 Likes

Ticket has been created.
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=455627
:smiley:

2 Likes