Which should I download, 5.3.0 or 6.0.0

Which should I download, Krita 5.3.0 or 6.0.0?

Does one do something the other can’t? Or does one have something special, i.e. extra dockers?

Should I just go to the website and download it? Or do I have to do something different?

I use a ChromeOS Octopus Version 145.0.7632.216

I use Krita 5.1.5 [Version (compiled): 5.15.8 Version (loaded): 5.15.8] I got it from the website. Krita | Digital Painting. Creative Freedom.

Krita uses 6.7G of my disk. Before Krita I had 9.3GB of space.

If anyone knows anything to do with the new update, I would appreciate some help.

Feature wise, both are the same. 5.3 is recommended for production by the developers. 6.0 has more bugs.

The difference between 5.3 and 6 are the Qt framework they use, the functionality is the same. 6 could work better for you if you work on a Linux with Wayland and you had trouble with wayland before, otherwise 5.3 is recommended (in my opinion). 6 still has a few bugs that 5.3 doesn’t have and are related to Qt. So if you don’t absolutely need 6 I would stay away from it for now. I used the Krita 6 beta for a while and it has some clunkyness with the UI (especially with the new text tool).

I personally recommend 5.3 especially if you care about things working consistently. There are still tons of minor bugs, issues and crashes in 6.0, while 5.3 should have a lot less of those.

How would I download it? 5.3.0 I mean.

The main download link on Download | Krita is for 5.3

Thanks!!