"Won't teach you to draw" brushpack

Some time ago I’ve decided to make a bundle out of my brushes and share them on facebook. As the feedback was quite awesome, I continued to work on them. I feel like the creation of this page is a great opportunity to share them outside the facebook krita group.

The set is mainly focused on interesting brush engine dynamics rather than new brush tips as most of brushpacks do. I also try to keep it small but versatile - I believe it’s easier to pick your favourites and learn how to use them this way. The set comes with the whole documentation, and since the latest version even a small tutorial on one of the hardest to use presets from the pack.

Currently it can be downloaded from dropbox hosting. If you want to give it a try, you can download the latest version (*v3.0.zip) from this link: download

Any feedback on them is very much welcome - it helps me to make them better in future versions.

13 Likes

@wojtryb It’s great you prepare custom brushes for Krita as it is not so easy task and requires some knowledge, patience, idea and time. Kudos!
I know you are going to release another revision of your brushpack. But could you prepare additionaly just a few small animations (gifs?) showing how you use your pack? Sure, the brushpack has potential but when comes to use it on my own, I felt lost sometimes… :expressionless:
For example, I’d welcome the case of showcase how to use your “horizontal” or “diagonal” brush.
What 's your opinion??? :o

Thank you for the response :slight_smile:
Hopefully new version will come tomorrow and there will be new post about it here.
I’m trying to help people learn how to use them as much as I can (the pack containing only a few brushes not to overwhelm with not tested ones, reference manual and so on), but I’m getting aware, that they are slowly becoming quite specialized and probably I won’t be able to avoid doing some video-tutorials on how to use them in the future.
I would have to prepare for that pretty heavily, and it would take a lot of time, so I’m afraid you won’t be able to get it too soon.
Anyway I’ll keep your request in mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like