Accept Nano crypto donations in krita.org

If this post is not allowed here, please delete it.

Nano is a cryptocurrency with no fees and instant transactions, which makes in my opinion one of the best cryptocurrencies to accept donations. It is very easy to make a nano wallet, just install natrium, set up a wallet and use the address starting with “nano_”.

note: i personally think nano is the best option to accept donations, but you guys can accept other cryptocurrencies too, such as bitcoin, ethereum, etc…

Hope you guys like my suggestion, i will surely donate some nano to krita if you guys accept nano! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know about Nano, but Krita might refuse bitcoin and ethereum since they have huge environmental cost.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Hello @Caio and welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, cryptocurrencies are not accepted here, which I fully support because of their shocking energy footprint/environmental impact.
So it would be better to donate your cryptocurrency in a way that is accepted by the Krita Foundation.
On this page you can find in the “Donate-Box” on the right side >> “Payment Method” see what options you have.
I think @halla can certainly clarify this or correct me if I’m wrong.

Michelist

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer, actually, nano is known by the low energy consumption(see here), since does not use proof of work nano doesn’t need miners to make network run.

Krita foundation made it clear in the past that they don’t get involved into cryptocurrencoes in any way and don’t want to.

1 Like

Hi

Tried to search, can’t really tell if numbers are right because can’t take the time to check :slight_smile:
But currently, according to different sources I’ve found, number of cryptocurrency is between 6000 and 16000 :crazy_face:

Then why accept one cryptocurrency more than another one?

I’m not really aware and open to cryptostuff, but why owners of cryptocurrencies just don’t just convert them into valuable usable currency?
I mean, if I’m going to travel in another country I’ll made change to local currency, not trying to pay with currency from my country… :man_shrugging:
Also, if you start to need a wallet for each cryptocurrencies people want to pay with… :exploding_head:

Note concerning number of cryptocurrencies: this article is interesting (but, hey, I didn’t check source of statistics :sweat_smile:)

Grum999

Because crypto works like stock, the value of the currency use and buy it, and down the more people sell it. In sense, it is like a pyramid scheme where the last one standing with it is out of luck (cause it has no backing value, it is like taking stock in flying pigs. As long as people believe pigs fly, it sells, if they don’t well…)

A property all currencies share, whether they are crypto or not.

1 Like

The problem is not just mining btw., there aren’t many Bitcoins left to be mined anyway, almost everyone mining mines other coins nowadays.

But blockchain transactions just scale horribly (i.e. eats a lot of energy) too, while there’s all kind of promises to solve that issue, right now you definitely don’t want to pay your coffee with Bitcoin or Ether directly, it would cost more than the coffee.

And if you use something like Lightning Network, you may aswell just stick with the ordinary banking system IMO.

In case of Nano, it doesn’t use a single blockchain but something called block-lattice. It promises to have low energy cost and yet be safe from manupulation. But right now Nano kind of drags on, there is not a whole lot of information about it, not a whole lot of money in it, no incentive to operate a node other than providing potential customers with infrastructure at your own expense, but for that the currency is too volatile still. Chicken and egg problem, it seems.

1 Like

Then why accept one cryptocurrency more than another one?

As i said before, i personally think nano is the best option to accept donation, since it doesn’t have transaction fees and have instant transaction it’s like sending money today. Betwin all cryptocurrencies i’ve seen, nano has the best fundamentals, not trying to add everything(smart contracts, defis, nfts, etc), nano just tries to be a currency.

why owners of cryptocurrencies just don’t just convert them into valuable usable currency?

I think that cryptocurrencies will be the future, and i think that accepting nano as donation will be good for both parties(krita and nano, krita will have a new donation method and nano can have more adoption)

Also, if you start to need a wallet for each cryptocurrencies people want to pay with… :exploding_head:

You don’t need, most of cryptos are just useless token from other smart contract blockchain. You can just accept the ones that you think are good, you don’t need to trust me, you can study about nano for yourself if you want: https://nano.org/.

I’m not sure but it sounds like you’re just here to promote the nano :thinking:
Maybe I’m wrong.

But all I read here is: “please accept nano for donate, if you do it, I’ll donate, otherwise don’t think about it”
Not really sure you’re a real krita’s user (account created 2 days ago here, just to promote nano…)

Hope I’m wrong…

Grum999

4 Likes

It is not a property that all currencies share. Because a currency is backed by its respective country that issues it. The moment you are out of luck owning your local currency is the day your country collapses. If your country is a 3rd world country, then maybe not so since many of them use other currencies. But the moment a 1st world currency like the dollar or euro collapses, you would have a total economic collapse. Even crypto would become useless overnight.

That was a lot of words that give nothing really substantial on their homepage, I could only see advertising, Nano talks Nano beautiful, nothing more.

All cryptocurrencies are currencies for people with money, people who are not hurt by losses. People like me, have so little money not to be able to play with it, because these games you can lose. Elon Musk can afford to burn millions, I can’t afford to lose 10 euros, it’s equivalent to an economic disaster. In the end, only rich people will have more.

Michelist

3 Likes

Sort of it. I’m a programmer, my sister is the one that uses krita a lot and i thought it could be nice to show about nano to krita, i already saw other open source projects accepting nano to donations, but it seens no one really liked this idea so i will just delete my post.

Thank you all for the feedback about this idea, sorry for wasting your time.

Sent a flag, apparently i can’t delete the topic myself

ok, it’s honnest :slight_smile:

Yes you can’t :sweat_smile:
@raghukamath can if needed.

But personally, even if I’m not “pro” cryptocurrency/NFT, I prefer to see topics about subject on which people can debate rather than outright deletion of all topics about a subject like it was a taboo.
I find it healthier.

Grum999

4 Likes

ok, it’s honnest :slight_smile:

I’m not with bad intentions, but most of the replies to this topic wasn’t positive, and Takiro already said that probably krita foundantion will not agree with this idea too, this will probably leads to nothing.

I have nothing against this decision too, i know how bad looking cryptocurrencies are, not just with mining, but with scams, useless hype coins, etc.

2 Likes

All currencies only have value because everyone agrees they have value. Sure, the leaders of a country do manage the value to some extent by modifying the interest rate. But when people start to doubt the leader’s ability to manage the currency it falls, just like when people start doubting a crypto currency. A recent example is the Turkish Lira.

1 Like

Of course everything’s value is tied down to belief. But the difference is with currency or stock is that the belief is bound to something tangible which is a country or a company. As long as that thing exists, even if the value drops, it will maintain some value as long as it continues to exist.

Crypto is comparison is tied down to nothing other than belief. It has nothing tangible.

Crypto currencies aren’t all the same. Some are tied down to nothing, as you say, some are backed by company stocks and other assets, some are companies themselves.

Personally I think that many currencies are standing on shaky ground. A currency that is not tied to a country or government, where all holders of the currency gets to vote on decisions, sounds like a better idea to me. Then the users themselves are the governing body, the tangible thing.

I don’t know why I engaged in this conversation… I’m not here to convince you or the Krita Foundation of anything. I’m just here to look at pretty pictures. :slight_smile:

1 Like