Charcoal Experiments

Here i am going to publish only the latest Charcoal pieces. If you want to go further go here and let me know your opinion and ideas

EDIT: Now this is part of the Charcoals for Krita challenge!

More coming soon! now is weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

28 Likes

wonderful work @RamonM. Looks exactly like charcoal. Are there charcoal brushes that we may download or are you using existing brushes ?

1 Like

Hello Ramon

Wow, they look so cool. I love them.
I like to learn that as well after i have finished my current work.

1 Like

well it totally fools me in being the real deal.

1 Like

Very Nice! and yes very natural looking!

1 Like

I am working on them and looking for people to test them properly. If you want to test them let me know in private and explain your bg with charcoal please

1 Like

Here we go with another one from my imagination. I think i was thinking in beautiful black ladies because i ampractising more the skin tones in black people. No politic stuff here for sure.

More info soon.

12 Likes

When i try to simplify the drawing process i find lot of obstacles so I love the moments when i get something that i am pleased with.

Feedback is really good this time. don’t be shy :wink:

6 Likes

These look absolutely fantastic Ramon! It’s hard to give feedback on something that looks as great as this! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Rakurri, that is already feeback. It encourages me to continue :wink:

1 Like

Very good! I’d like to see a bit of background too.

Here i leave you with Jane,

6 Likes

Wooo, good progress, the only thing I notice in the charcoal brushes is a bit of blur, since the brushes lack more roughness, of course it is obtained depending on the paper that is used, it is normally used on very rough papers but it is something of taste, a good example of charcoal on light paper, it’s grea

1 Like

Yeah - I thought the same thing. They’re looking great on the whole, but some areas look like they have motion blur - presumably due to the applied pattern.

@daroart37 Thanks mate, In this case i was trying to get a very soft feeling like Newsprint paper. Not good for archival quality but good for training in real life. I also want to create something similar to strathmore 400 series medium grain.

@Mythmaker thanks for comment here too. Yep we have to find a way to organize this better with color smudge blender, is complex to do it really well.

1 Like

Está Genial Ramón !!
Son nuevos pinceles ??

1 Like

I do admire the lengths you go to in trying to emulate real media - I don’t think many would have the patience.

That said - I’m curious to see what people come up with for your challenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Another one

I know there are a lot of mistakes but look the texture in the hair, bg and some specific areas. That is hat i am interested now. :wink:

2 Likes