Exclude layers from color sampler?

I could swear there was a way to have the color sampler pick only from layers tagged with a certain colour, or exclude layers so tagged, but maybe I’ve been dreaming?

Is there some way to sample colours from all layers except some? I sometimes use colour adjustment filters at the top of my layer stack and would like to be able to sample colours without their contribution, so I could keep them on while painting.

5 Likes

I’m sure that was asked for in a ‘feature request’ topic (or mentioned as a complaint somewhere) fairly recently but I can’t find it.
I suggest that you change this topic to a Feature Request category.

2 Likes

I’ve changed the category. I realized I was thinking of how the contiguous selection tool can be limited to only use a set of layers. Maybe the same logic can be applied here without too much trouble.

2 Likes

I think the easiest way would be implement the reference options that the fill and selection tools have. With that you could be able to use color labels to do what you want. Though honestly it would be great if there was more filters to it like avoid filter layers and masks and only pick from normal layers

3 Likes
3 Likes