Have separate cursor display while erasing

Hello,

i’ve followed these discussions, and i’m interested for that feature

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=368331

Is there a chance it’ll be implemented or it was dismissed?

@scottyp @Deevad

2 Likes

The merge request got closed by accident, but there was a heated discussion what should be done there and how it should look. I guess it would be best to sum up all possible options - if you’re interested, maybe you can do that? With screenshots available in the merge request - and make some kind of a poll? And discussion, easily seeing all the options.

1 Like

Why not place a Symbol in the middle of the Cursor then?

Maybe like an massive “E” or a fat “-” (minus) or you could show the brush and its bounding box(and perhaps style that bounding box instead?), to say it is erasing.
the double lines is really Ugly man but I see what he wants it is not “little gains”.

Not to mention if it was a “E” it would inform new users what the shortcut for the eraser would be so they would quickly learn about it too if they came from other softwares.

i’ll try to make a poll with screenshot :wink:

2 Likes

There might be an issue what about the Erase blending mode vs Eraser mode…

Fear Not For I am Full of Ideas XD

Well for me both could have the same sign really “E”, but you could do “EB” and “EM”, or have the same signal since they effectively do the same thing just in different ways, I really doubt people would even think about it much.

But if it was me trying aim for just a single character to make it fancy I would probably use “E” for “eraser mode” and flip horizontally the “Ǝ” for the “Erase Blending Mode”.

Some special characters similar to “E” and others:
Ε Ǝ ϵ ϶
Ξ Σ ε ξ ǝ ⱻ ∑ ⋲ ⋳ ⋴ ⋵ ⋶ ⋷ ⋸ ⋹ ⋺ ⋻ ⋼ ⋽ ⋾ ⋿ ᴇ ᴈ ᴣ ᵉ ᵊ ᵋ ᵌ Ⓔ ⓔ ⒠ ⱸ Ɇ ℇ ℯ ℮ Ɛ ℰ Ə ǝ ⱻ ɇ
Æ æ
ⓛ ⒧
⊕ ⊖ ⊗ ⊘ ⊙ ⊚ ⊛ ⊜ ⊝ ⊞ ⊟ ⊠ ⊡ ⦰ ⦱ ⦲ ⦳ ⦴ ⦵ ⦶ ⦷ ⦸ ⦹ ⦺ ⦻ ⦼ ⦽ ⦾ ⦿ ⧀ ⧁ ⧂ ⧃

To see more system characters:
http://cpc.my-domain.se/all-characters

You can also make custom signs too, that would not be bad either.

I just feel a correct outline of the brush being maintained would be good.

I’ve made a poll here

2 Likes

@tiar should i 've to make a link to the poll in the bugs.kde or in the merge request? or you’ll notify the team for the results? (it seems Krita users are interrested in this feature…) :wink:

1 Like