Help in designing new emoji set for krita-artists forum

We can upload our own custom emoji’s to the forum software. It would be cool to have emoji with kiki or something related to art and krita. So I invite members of this forum to help me in this endeavour. We will start with few may be 4-5 emoji’s

The design should be good if viewed in small size. The license should be CC-BY-SA and you should give permission for us to use it on this website.

This is new feature I got to know so I want to experiment so there may be some new things we will get to know while implementing this.

10 Likes

Hi

Which format for emojis files?
PNG?
Which size?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Grum999

I searched for the information on discourse forum. It says the emoji are image files, png would be good. They will be automatically resized to 20 x 20 pixels :expressionless: so we need to consider this while making it. I’ll search more about the size. Please bear with me :slight_smile: I got excited and made the post. I should have collected the information before hand.

EDIT - UPDATE:

I read this post - Configure custom emoji - admins - Discourse Meta

it says we can also custom size for specific emoji via css, So we can have a big emoji too, but we need to consider how it will look in between posts etc. So for now lets make it 100 x 100 while designing and check if it looks good in 20 x 20 and then we can assign bigger sizes for selected ones.

No problem :slight_smile:

looking HTML code, it’s currently 72x72 PNG files, resized to 20px

Maybe need to keep this in mind: provide a 72x72 png file, ans ensure that when resized to 20x20 rendering is still correct.

Grum999

2 Likes

Yeah 72 x 72 is good size, And yes we need to check if it scales down well to 20 x 20

I would like to see some @deevad’s Carrot faces for cat emoji :innocent:
:smiley_cat: :joy_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :scream_cat: :crying_cat_face:

Grum999

6 Likes

Those would be cool and also one kiki emoji as well.

3 Likes

I got you guys covered! May I help design some emoji? :eyes:

1 Like

Sure, all help is welcome. We can make it together.

1 Like

Awesome! I can try to get ideas as soon as possible.

Raghu…be careful, there might be a lot of sausage emojis coming your way :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Who knows… :upside_down_face:

Grum999

2 Likes

Having the most common Krita interface icons as emojis would even help with support, sometimes.

2 Likes

Especially the download Icon here.

I think a small set of Kiki emojis would be good.
Somewhat like these:
:smiley: :astonished: :sweat: :worried: :joy: :cry: :sob:
That would be up to you, but I don’t mind making one.

sketch-emojisketch-emoji2
Some ideas representing the sketch stage of digital art.

kiki-emoji
Happy Kiki

kiki-excited-emoji
Excited Kiki, could be used for announcements or general comments.

11 Likes

Wow I really like the Excited kiki. Does it scale down well?

1 Like

Thanks! I haven’t tried to see yet. These were mostly concepts. :grin:
I tried rescaling it to 20 x 20, it loses detail, but may work. I might have to work on it.

What about not shrinking to 20px emoji? URAVERAGEBOI did a great Kiki!
I tried to solve the 20px problem, but it was either not readable or the character was poorly recognized
ssds

3 Likes

Yeah, it needs to simple with less details for it to be recognised in that size. Also you can use transparent png so that we don’t get square background.

I don’t claim anything х)
I was just wondering how to solve this problem
And I’ll try to work on it some more