I’ve installed the new version of Krita, but when trying to open it this happens: At first there is the loading screen and it says “Adding resource types…”. After a while the loading screen just closes.
If you have create some brushes in 5.1-beta1 (or brushes created in beta1 from others) and was using the brush before going to beta2, beta2 will pick that brush on startup and crash.
You can launch beta1 and select a default brush, close it, then launch beta2 and see if it crash.
If that’s the case, use Brush Fixer for brushes created in Krita 5.1 beta 1 in beta1, then launch beta2 (as long as krita not crash on startup, no need to “convert in beta1, then launch beta2”, just convert it in any build)
I’m gonna try it
@Lesqwe56 I’ve tried to reinstall the 1st beta, deleted it, redownloaded it, deleted the 2nd beta but I always get a message, that says: “It appears that a newer version of Krita 64-bit (5.1.0.51) is currently installed. If you want to downgrade Krita to 5.1.0-beta 1, please uninstall the newer version manually before running this setup”. The problem is, I don’t find that version of Krita on my PC.
It would be a good idea to use the portable .zip packages instead of the installation .exe downloads for this.
I didn’t have time to try this before. Now that I have time I need to ask you for help, because I have no idea how to do this. Thank you for the reply
You download the 5.1.0-beta2 from here:
https://download.kde.org/unstable/krita/5.1.0-beta2/krita-x64-5.1.0-beta2.zip
Then in your Downloads folder you right-click it and Extract All.
Press OK and it will be extracted into a folder with the same name in the Downloads folder.
Go into that folder then into the next folder - you will see a file called ‘krita’ or ‘krita.lnk’.
Double click that file to run it.
Thank you so much, it finally worked!