Lost golem

it started as an interesting composition, and taught me a lot along the way

in my head, it turned into the story of a lost golem - and i would love to know if it gets returned to its benevolent creator.

71 Likes

This looks fantastic - the lighting, composition and style are just great.

2 Likes

one word: amazing!

3 Likes

Оh! Beautiful, technical, inspiring!

1 Like

You could do a series out of this

3 Likes

The girl is really well done, robot the same , mood very good. Only i can’t understand the creature behind them. near the light. Whatever the image is really good. Do you have close ups or process? i am gathering images for concept art video that i am planning to do in future.

3 Likes

Wow, amazing! This really tells a story, and the light on the girl’s hair and chest make her stand out and kept drawing my eyes back to her. Beautiful.

2 Likes

Is that a large rock or mountain, behind the woman, carved into a sculpture of an eagle with a skull in its claw?

1 Like

Thank you @RamonM

The only process i’ve saved is the thread where i posted the initial sketch and posted some updates Kynlo sketch 0215

As for a close up, i have a close up of the final:

and an earlier wip where i hadn’t blurred it:

tl;dr;
When i did the sketch, it sort of formed out of the background - and looked somewhat like a griffin. But there were 2 highlights where the wing should be. As the story continued to develop in my mind, i decided to leave it. The home of the golem was in the mountains, and i imagined it was covered in wind gaps (narrow passages with high walls) - and the statuary would serve to provide direction and mark territory. The statue is old and falling apart - i thought it might be fun to do some research and come up with a full specimen - as @KIRE said - it could become a whole series

4 Likes

@AhabGreybeard - yes (well griffin, but they are part eagle)! There is a story behind the skull, which i added later. It would notify those in the know that the path ahead was dangerous - rock slides, wild animals, etc.

2 Likes

that’s so beautiful. I love the lighting and the composition is great!

2 Likes

great.

2 Likes

Beautiful and inspiring work !!!

2 Likes

My god, this looks absolutely stellar. Amazing work! <3

2 Likes