Portrait of Joaquin Phoenix

hi! i have been working on this digital portrait for about a week.
hope u like it!

82 Likes

That is photorealistic! Did you trace it first or did you have the reference next to it, over it, under it - however? Which brushes did you use for it?

A fantastic work it is in any case! The best work I’ve seen on Krita Artists so far. Thank you for that.

Michelist

3 Likes

ty so much for your comment.
for sketch i used grid lines on reference photo. reference was on 2nd monitor.
the brushes i used are: Pencil-2 Airbrush_soft Texture_large_splat and Blender_blur

4 Likes

Very Subtle and textured perfectly. I hope we see more of your Drawings.

2 Likes

ty so much
im glad u like it😊

1 Like

Hello,

the portrait of Phoenix by Shirinpar is gorgeous! I like it very much, I really like realistic illustrations.
I myself painted digitally for several years on Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint, but I was disappointed.
Now I’m looking for something fresh and better.
I found Krita! I have to learn Krita, thanks to the portrait by Shirinpar - I can say - I believe in Krita!

Shirinpar - Do you have any experience with other digital painting software? Why did you choose Krita?

Regards, Znicz :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, ty for your kind words. actually i have worked with photoshop before. the major problem with photoshop is lack of decent brush engine. and the other problem for me was that i work on linux, but there isnt any linux version of photoshop and i had to install windows just for painting.
krita is specialy crafted for digital painting and has enough tools to paint anything.
in my experience krita performance on linux is higher than photoshop on windows. i dont know about mac.

1 Like

Awesome work! Definitely realistic! :open_mouth:

1 Like

ty so much😊

1 Like

Woah! That is insanely good. Love how at about half of the video all the small details on the face make it all look even more realistic. Love it!

2 Likes

ty so much, actually before the details part there is not much similarity to Phoenix picture. the details make likeness.

1 Like

I am really amazed by the quality of it. looks real :exploding_head:

1 Like

ty so much

Impressive! Awesome work, especially on the hair texture, as it’s so difficult to pull off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ty so much. its not difficult. its time consuming😁

1 Like

So you used the texture_splash brush to make the pores texture ? That’s surprising !
Grid on reference for the win :+1: I also do that when I want to be thorough !

1 Like

ty so much, grid is a good idea. i always use it at start. its very helpfull for likeness.

Congratulations, really great work!
I’d love to know what resolution the file you worked on has. (x and y pixels).

Thank you.

see my site: www.avelino.it

1 Like

ty so much
1300*1000

Thank you.

1 Like