Tutorial: How to create Impasto/RGBA brushes

@tiar asked me to create a separate thread to make it more visible, so here it is :slight_smile:

I’ve made a tutorial on how to create RGBA brushes in krita on the go, without really stopping your painting. I highly recommend to try to come up with some ideas for it, as the new possibilities are really amazing.

Buig thanks to everybody who participated in creating this feature - can’t wait for more :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Fantastic tutorial, wojtryb! :grin: Well crafted and clearly explained!

For some reason I have never thought about importing the brush tip straight from the current document, I have always gone trough the hassle of creating a new document :open_mouth: That will save lots of time when testing!

(Also, lovely sight at hehe 1:11-1:12 :heart_eyes: Super cool to see those brushes in such a great tutorial)

Thank you for such kind words :smiley: sometimes I use different document too, to store those brushtips in a form easier to edit. But for instant idea and proof of concept, this is a bit faster :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, I download quite a lot of brushpacks to pick one or two for further editing and for available brushtips (gonna catch 'em all)

I guess I still haven’t checked the updated version. Will have to get it someday :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the tutorial!

3 Likes

Woah, you’re welcome :wink: