Undoing Layer styles crashes krita

• Krita 5 beta 1 - Appimage - Linux ubuntu 18.10

Whenever I apply a layer style to a group and try to undo it krita crashes. With normal layers there isn’t any issues, only with groups.

It happens with any style i choose and i can make strokes and undo them with no problems, but as soon as i undo the layer style krita closes.

On my end, i can reproduce it by:
creating a new document → Ctrl+G 'ing the Background layer → applying any layer style to the group → Undo

what do I need to proper report an issue xD? is there a specific file I need to attach? I tried my best here

also, is this a known bug? i couldn’t find anything with a quick google

Contents of “Show krita log for bug reports”

System info

Krita

Version: 5.0.0-beta1
Languages: pt_BR, pt, pt, en, pt_BR, pt
Hidpi: true

Qt

Version (compiled): 5.12.11
Version (loaded): 5.12.11

OS Information

Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-lp64
Build CPU: x86_64
CPU: x86_64
Kernel Type: linux
Kernel Version: 4.18.0-15-generic
Pretty Productname: Ubuntu 18.10
Product Type: ubuntu
Product Version: 18.10
Desktop: ubuntu:GNOME

OpenGL Info

Vendor: “Intel Open Source Technology Center”
Renderer: “Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2)”
Version: “3.0 Mesa 20.0.8”
Shading language: “1.30”
Requested format: QSurfaceFormat(version 3.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(DeprecatedFunctions), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize 8, greenBufferSize 8, blueBufferSize 8, alphaBufferSize 8, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DoubleBuffer, swapInterval 0, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile QSurfaceFormat::CompatibilityProfile)
Current format: QSurfaceFormat(version 3.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(DeprecatedFunctions), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize 8, greenBufferSize 8, blueBufferSize 8, alphaBufferSize 8, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DoubleBuffer, swapInterval 0, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Version: 3.0
Supports deprecated functions true
is OpenGL ES: false

QPA OpenGL Detection Info
supportsDesktopGL: true
supportsOpenGLES: true
isQtPreferOpenGLES: false

Hardware Information

GPU Acceleration: auto
Memory: 7864 Mb
Number of Cores: 8
Swap Location: /tmp

Current Settings

Current Swap Location: /tmp
Current Swap Location writable: true
Undo Enabled: true
Undo Stack Limit: 25
Use OpenGL: true
Use OpenGL Texture Buffer: true
Disable Vector Optimizations: false
Disable AVX Optimizations: false
Canvas State: OPENGL_SUCCESS
Autosave Interval: 240
Use Backup Files: true
Number of Backups Kept: 1
Backup File Suffix: ~
Backup Location: Same Folder as the File
Backup Location writable: false
Use Win8 Pointer Input: false
Use RightMiddleTabletButton Workaround: false
Levels of Detail Enabled: true
Use Zip64: false

Display Information
Number of screens: 1
Screen: 0
Name: VGA-1
Depth: 24
Scale: 1
Resolution in pixels: 1680x1050
Manufacturer: Lenovo Group Limited
Model: LEN LT2252pwA
Refresh Rate: 59

Yes, please! You can report it on Log in to KDE Bugtracking System . However it would be best if you first check out if it still happens on beta2.

If the steps to reproduce are so easy that they can be made with basically a new empty document, like here, a test file is not necessary, just make the steps to reproduce as clear as you wrote it here.

The default template of the bug report provides a bit more structure to the report but the amount of information you wrote here in this post should be enough, just you need to write it in a bit different way (in correct sections etc.) but no worries, you shouldn’t have any trouble with that. Oh and yes, please do attach the “Show Krita log for bug reports”, it shows several asserts, the last one being the one causing the crash, so it is useful information.

Thank you very much!

Glad I could be of any help! I’ll file a bug as you suggested.
i’ll try it on beta 2 too. Cheers.

1 Like

Didnt want to reply before because it was too late…

The beta 2 download took unbelievably long and then gave me an error message similar to this thread.

the bug has already been marked as fixed though :smiley: