Hello! I’ve been having problems with rendering animations in Krita and was wondering if anyone here could help.
Recently when I’d been rendering animations, they’d be exported with the audio out of sync. At that point I’d been using a version of Krita from late 2022 and wanted to see if updating it to the latest version from January 2023 would fix this issue. Upon installing this version I found that rendering animations no longer worked at all due to “unknown errors.” I tried installing the lastest version of ffmpeg (6.0) to see if that would help, but it still didn’t work. I had to reinstall an older version of Krita to get it to render again, although the audio was still out of sync which is also a problem I don’t want to deal with, and I would much prefer to use the latest version if possible. The portion I wanted to render wasn’t extremely long either, only about 100 or so frames at 12 fps. I’m using Windows 10.
I’m not the most tech savvy person so I’m wondering if there’s just something I’m overlooking or if anyone knows how to fix this problem.
I would also like to add that I’ve been using Krita for about five years and never had any issues with rendering until now.
Hello @lumiville and welcome to the forum ![]()
The audio sync problem is a long standing issue but it doesn’t happen for everybody and its causes are a mystery. There has been recent effort to improve this and it’s hoped that version 5.2, when it’s released will improve audio synching.
It’s discussed in this topic but only available as an appimage for Linux at the moment:
Animation Audio: Development Test (Linux AppImage)
As for the rendering failure,
Does that mean you were rendering from part way into the animation, i.e not starting at frame-0?
If so, this has been seen by other people and has been formally reported as a bug here:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=459993
It hasn’t been fixed yet.
The person who reported the bug does mention a workaround but I’m not sure that I understand what their description of it means.
My workaround for it would be to Render out to an image sequence with sequence frame numbering starting at zero to a folder.
Then create a new file of the same canvas size, then File → Import animation frames, from the rendered image sequence folder.
Then Render it all out to video.
Please reply to say if that would work for you.