Krita 5 and Fizzyflower’s ULTIMATE MyPaint Brush Collection. Help needed

Hey folks. I was just wondering if ‘Fizzyflower’s ULTIMATE MyPaint Brush Collection’ functions in Krita at this point? I have installed them through the resources menu but the brushes don’t actually seem to load. Could use some guidance. Thanks

Are you working with the new one Fizzyflower put out this past March? It should load with no problems at all as long as you’re working through the “manage resource libraries” to import the bundle. See link below:

https://krita-artists.org/t/fizzyflowers-essential-brushset-version-2-with-400-brushes-cloud-paint-hair-fur-fx-foilage-trees-leaves-texture-smudge-and-more/38580

1 Like

:slight_smile: Hello @Pencil_Tester, and welcome to the forum!

@Sooz, this is about Fizzyflower’s ULTIMATE MyPaint Brush Collection, not the FizzyFlower’s “ESSENTIAL” Brushset VERSION 2 :wink:

@Pencil_Tester, which of the three packages of MyPaint brushes did you try to install?
Was it the package “My Paint Bundles” (a ZIP-File with 18 BUNDLE-Files in it),
or the “MyPaint Krita Brush Presets(.kpp)” (another ZIP with 653 KPP-Files in several subfolders),
or did you try to install the " (Converted MyPaint brush engine 2 → 3) .MYB+.PNG brushes for programs with the mypaint brush engine (Gimp, Enve, etc)" (another ZIP with 292 MYB-Files + additional PNG’s) ?

Michelist

1 Like

@Pencil_Tester were you able to solve your issue, or do you still need support? If so, please answer my question from above, and please tell us too which operating system and version of Krita you use.

Michelist

@Michelist Thanks for responding so quickly. I have been working so have only now had a chance to respond. To answer your questions.

1. “were you able to solve your issue, or do you still need support?”
    A) I have not resolved the issue and yes support would be appreciated.

2. “which of the three packages of MyPaint brushes did you try to install?”
    A) My Paint Bundles” (a ZIP-File with 18 BUNDLE-Files in it)

3. “please tell us too which operating system and version of Krita you use.”
    A) KDE Neon 5.24, Plasma 5.24.5
    Krita 5.0.2

No problem, today me was the one who was busy. :wink:

Are you new to Krita or have you been using Krita for a while and have you been able to install bundles from other brush makers before or was this your first attempt?

1. It may sound like a “stupid” question, did you extract the 18 files, the bundles from the ZIP archive before installing, or did you directly select the ZIP archive to import?

2. How did you try to install the bundles, i.e., by what method?
    Did you select the bundles individually in Krita via “Settings” >> “Manage Resource Libraries…” and import them, or did you select them in Krita via “Settings” >> “Manage Resources…” >> “Open Resource Folder” to open the folder “bundles” in the resource folder (or even open this folder directly with the file manager of your system) and copy the bundles into this subfolder “bundles”?
    And finally, did you restart Krita?

Were there error-messages, and if so, what did they say? Have you made a screenshot, perhaps?

Michelist

Hey thanks again for the offer of help. I ran into yet another problem with Krita, it wouldn’t load any plugins. After searching for a fix for that I found what my issue was with both issues, the brush issues and the plugins. I have the version installed from the Krita ppa and it’s a bit of a mess. So I just gave up on that version and am now using the AppImage.

All issues are now resolved. Thanks again!

1 Like