Monthly Art Contest - August 2022 - Topic 💫 Draw Kiki (the Krita’s mascot) in your own style - contest closed

Hello Krita artists :art: .

Exceptionally @raghukamath asked me to prepare topic for August Monthly Art Contest

But I don’t have the right to create it in #contest-games-collab:monthly-art-contest category so I’ve created it in #lounge; if an @admins can move topic the right category :slight_smile:

We completed the monthly art contest for July and the winner is @Grum999. Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we are having monthly contest for the month of August. @Grum999 has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - August 2022

Topic - :dizzy: Draw Kiki (the Krita’s mascot) in your own style :dizzy:

Contest Description by Grum999

Hope this subject will be interesting enough to get many posts :slight_smile:

Just draw Kiki in your own style, there’s no constraint (except one: no NSWF :slight_smile: )
(Some examples of Kiki fan art can be found here: Mascot Kiki | Krita )

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2022-08-27T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-08-27T00:00:00Z till 2022-08-30T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

@raghukamath as contest started a bit late, I have moved end date of contest a little bit later; you can fix it if needed

14 Likes

Thanks for kickstarting the contest @Grum999

1 Like

is this the final’s thread? or is this the WIP thread? will there be a WIP/final thread?

thanks @raghukamath

1 Like

This is the final thread. Please make a wip thread which can be used by everyone.

Kiki fan art/redraw

26 Likes

@edgarej :+1:

@Grum999 : Super topic!

:lotus:Here is Kiki in my style, as a cyberpunk art student:

49 Likes

love it…

2 Likes

Hello!
Funny, I wanted about making a humanoid Kiki first, but thought it didn’t fit the theme…
and since I don’t have a style, but I’ve been drawing a lot of space stuff, this is what I came up with :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Very nice. Welcome to the forum.

Here’s Kiki Grandma from my side, in my style… :wink:

25 Likes

Kiki loves to ride her scooter and paint the walls.

23 Likes

Thank you! It’s kind of a welcome back, I used to hang out on the old KDE forum around '16, when I was actively learning to draw :smile:

Hi

Here’s my entry for the contest.

Kiki drawn with my Buli style :slight_smile:

If I have time, I’ll try to draw another Kiki in an another style

Grum999

25 Likes

the buli style is awesome

1 Like

I love this so much.

1 Like

Cute! :grin::+1:t2:

1 Like

The icing on the cake would have been to give the pen a sausage shape!
:wink: :rofl:

Michelist

3 Likes

In that case it would need an nsfw tag. :wink:

3 Likes

no need for sausage here, users here that known my artworks knows there’s might be a virtual sausage somewhere in my mind on this artwork :slight_smile:

Grum999

3 Likes