Monthly Art Contest - July 2022 - Topic - Make It Cute - Voting has begun

Hello Krita artists :art: .

We completed the monthly art contest for June and the winner is @lehko . Congratulations to everyone who participated. And now we are having monthly contest for the month of July. @lehko has chosen the topic for this month.

Monthly Art Contest - July 2022

Topic - Make It Cute

Contest Description by Lehko

So, I’m thinking of a “make it cute” challenge.
With one constraint: no character involved (at least not as the main subject).
Basically, it’s a design challenge. You’re going to pick one or more items, and make it as cute as possible. I hope it’ll be fun : )

The topic changes every month. Your submission should be somehow related to the topic. And if possible please add a few lines explaining your idea and image. Artwork should be done in Krita.

You can post maximum 3 Entries and also edit the entries until the deadline all your entries will be clubbed during the vote and you only get one vote. Reply with your entries to this post in this thread. The submission will be open until 2022-07-25T00:00:00Z.

We will hold a poll at the end on 2022-07-25T00:00:00Z till 2022-07-29T00:00:00Z . The artwork with most number of votes will be the winner.

The winner be featured on this website and the winner will have the privilege to choose the topic and the challenge for the next month! If the winner is not available or reachable then the 1st runner up will be asked to provide the topic and challenge

In order to have the image featured the entries need to be safe for work so please avoid any NSFW or controversial content. The moderators can use their discretion to disqualify the image from the contest with prior notice. Of course the artist will be given chance to submit alternate image or change it.

Also please spread the word about this contest by posting your artwork on various social media websites with a hashtag - #kritachallenge , if possible with a link to the forum post.

I hope we will enjoy this exercise so let us begin.

P.S. Note we can change the rules based on the feedback on this contest and modify the format. Any suggestions are welcome. We can make a new topic in the #site-feedback category for it. Please post only artworks and discussion related to them in this thread.

1 Like

Hi first time poster and absolute beginner at Krita… I have tried to give the last two monthly comps a go but just didn’t feel that my attempts were up to par. I am attempting a can of cuteness here is my day one :wink:

2 Likes

p.s. not sure if this is where we post progression???

It looks like @raghukamath hasn’t made a WIP topic for this one.
Edit:Add: He has now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I unfortunately don’t have time neither energy to draw something original for this contest…

But I already have something in my portfolio that could match with current contest theme :slight_smile:

Here a very cute toilet paper roll :roll_of_toilet_paper:

Grum999

12 Likes

@Grum999 jajaja

This topic was automatically closed after 24 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

The topic is closed but since there are less entries I will allow one more day to submit. @freyalupen please post the artwork here.

All right, then. My entry, “Rose Blade”.

6 Likes

This is my entry for “cute.” Thanks for the extra time, @raghukamath.

I totally forgot that characters were excluded. Poor steampunk hippo will have to be completed another day. :smile:

8 Likes

Thank you for letting me post late!

I made a little teapot.

7 Likes

:ballot_box: Vote your favorite entry. :ballot_box:

I was travelling so couldn’t post about the results.
@Grum999 please choose a topic for next month.

We didn’t get many submissions last month but I hope this month will be different.

Also congrats to everyone who participated

5 Likes

Wow!

:star_struck: DRAW A SAUSAGE THINGS :star_struck:
:sweat_smile:

But mmmhhh… :thinking:
Not sure, that everybody will be interested by drawing some sausages :upside_down_face:

So for the next month, the subject will be:

:dizzy: Draw Kiki (the Krita’s mascot) in your own style :dizzy:

(Some examples of Kiki fan art can be found here: Mascot Kiki | Krita)

Hope this subject will be interesting enough to get many posts :smile:

Grum999

7 Likes

May I request you to make the monthly contest post. You can copy contents from my previous posts :). sorry to ask you this but I am travelling and can’t make the post correctly through mobile. Also please make a separate post of the winning entry so that I can feature it

hi @raghukamath

Ok no problem
But curently at the office, I’ll do it around 7.00pm Paris Time

Grum999

1 Like