The dialog I have in mind is this:
Right now it’s shown when you click the
Save New Brush Presetbutton, but not when you click
Overwrite Brush Preset.
Pros (both not possible before):
- allows you to cancel the overwrite
- allows you to change the thumbnail
- doesn’t require any new strings so can go straight to Krita 5.0, fixing both Resource bugs in Krita 5 - #25 by Rakurri (the renaming to get a new thumbnail) and Warning/confirmation dialogue box when overwriting brush presets in 5.0 already
- it would partially solve Edit the icon of custom brush preset too
- one more click when you just want to update the settings (it will be prepared so you only need to click Save).
Pinging @Rakurri as the author of (kind of) both feature requests.
Pinging @Y.H.Lai because they wrote Edit the icon of custom brush preset so they might be interested in this one too It allows you to load an image, so you can first prepare an image and then change the icon.
Because of the enthusiastic response, I pushed it straight to master. Should be available in the next daily build