NEW video in Krita's Youtube channel. Making Brushes part 3. SENSORS

New video in the serie “Making Brushes”. This time SENSORS. If you are involved in brush creation, you surely will use some of them if not all of them. So hey! what are you waiting for? Enjoy it and leave a comment to let us know this is helping the community.

26 Likes

Thank you for making this in-depth series. You’re helping us enjoy Krita so much more.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this series!

2 Likes

Thanks, the final goal is to make Krita more known for everybody showing all the goodpoints.

2 Likes

@RamonM I have been enjoying your series on brush making it’s been super helpful, but I have a small request can you add one or two videos for those of us stuck using a capacitive pen with no access to the sensors or pressure control? If not it’s ok I’ll still watch and try to figure things out.

3 Likes

It could be an interesting challenge. Let me know 10 brushes you are interested in and i will investigate it.
Videos… i don’t know if there are too much interest on that. Let me know :wink:

2 Likes

If you end up doing a video on brushes with no pressure sensitivity, I would find it very useful for my Android setup. I think there are a lot of people using tablets without pressure.

2 Likes

Thanks Ramon! I appreciate your videos a lot! I love Lisa Glanz brushes and even though I dont have the program she uses or the brushes, its so lovely to watch how her brushes work…especially the textures!! It would be nice to have more textures in Krita brushes too like these.

1 Like

Hi @SoniaBennett - I love looking at those brushes, too! Have you tried Krita’s crayon brushes - and also the new chalk brushes? They are so lovely, nice and gritty.

1 Like

No I haven’t! I’d love to try them out if you have the links for them! I’m not sure what the names are exactly or I can google them too! So far I love the Gpen best for lining but I love the Lisa brushes! Wish there was a way to convert Procreate brushes into Krita instead of the brush tips

1 Like

Crayons

Chalk

Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Sonia, i am glad to see you arround here. I remember you from FB group.
Crayons were designed for mouse users too, as you can see in the 2:00, also flow can help and slso the good use of sensors.
If you need help with anything let me know. You have a lot of interesting free content in the channel.

I have watched the video and I think it could be doable with time and effort. The bad thing about that so custom graphic style is that everything could look similar. The lines, the grain, the shapes for texturing… but the artist is really good. Thanks for the video.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Ramon! Glad you remember me! I think with your expertise you could make brushes like these for sure! For illustration and children’s books these brushes are so useful! especially for Beatrix Potter style drawings. thanks for all the brushes you have made!

Funny you should ask are you familiar with
Fizzyflowers these you can pick maybe 1 or 2 from each set cause I think they go off similar brush engines and there are 5 different sets.

@Sooz you always have the best toys lol do you know where I can find the crayon brush set I just grabbed the chalk ones :grin:

Here’s the video introducing the crayons. The download url is in the video description. If you like textured paper, remember to download the crayon paper as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3sRrAXm8CI&t=712s

1 Like

@Sooz Like I’ve said before you’re the best thank you!

1 Like

I reccomend to watch the entire videos because each bundle has unique “ideas” inside. please, don’t think i just show the brushes. And remember subscribe to the channel amd activate the bell because if not, Youtube probably won’t send the notification.
About What brushes to use, i need more specific brushes because time is limited. My goal is not to be focused in that but teaching Krita and all the hidden things in the software, sometimes providing you even the brushes. Enjoy!

3 Likes